FDR Map Updates.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Curly484

Re: FDR Map Updates.

Post by Curly484 »

I like the gravel main road. Look to narrow. Should be wide enough for 2 trucks to pass. (Just my opinion)
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I don't know that I would go main road width given the map. I would stick with a single lane gravel or tar and chip road. Map isn't really design for a main road unless that's changed from the original.
KavanaghFarms19

Post by KavanaghFarms19 »

Just watched FDR’s latest dev log and he put cut blocks on frostline ridge anyway we could get that on PI?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

@Curly484 There will be pull out locations to let other vehicles by. Most of the places will probably be wide enough anyway because the trees will not be right up against the road.

@McClung Changing a few things to be able to have a main loop road.

@KavanaghFarms19 Not sure yet on cut blocks. Pretty busy adding the roads at the moment. We will see where things stand after all that is done.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Thanks Mcatalyst, sound like its gonna look like a new map. Lol Really excited to see all the changes to the map. Keep up the great work!
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

So I did just watch FDR’s dev log and those cut blocks are an absolute game changer to the logging maps imo. I thought for sure he was gonna say you had to buy those but it’s still a very good idea for these maps. It would be cool if you had to buy the land just like you would for a field in vanilla fs but maybe at a half decent rate maybe something similar to TWC’s field prices idk. Very cool. Keep up the good work @mcatalyst, I know there are a select few of us who are actually hyped up for PIL. Also a side note I did see Arctic got the update but I haven’t gotten the chance to try but I wanted to say a HUGE thanks for listening to the small but grateful “console logging community” when that map was released
Legion Hills Logging on PC
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Not really sure if that mechanic is available without scripts. I think that field restriction is only associated with crops but not positive. I've never seen a tree that was restricted from being cut in a console compatible map. If there is please point me to it.

Currently the closest thing to that type of setup is the tree marker script which works with the new map, but that is PC only mod.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Just in case anybody missed it. https://youtu.be/VTN4LHZ2BjQ?t=30m5s
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I love the cut block idea and would love to see it on consoles. If not on Pacific inlet maybe on Emerald Valley. I agree with Kruelkamo, the console loggers are greatful for all your hard work you put into the maps and also for taking the time and hearing the veiws and of the loggers.
@ Mcatalyst I know that on spectacular island the buyable grass feilds are filled with trees that must be cut before the feild can be used. I don't believe it stop you from being able to cut them down. You could use the dead trees as an outline to each block if the textured trees would be an issue. Just a thought.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Also congratulations Mcatalyst for becoming a partner in/with FDR Logging. I don't know if its ever been a official thing or not as I know you have work with fdr in past.
As for what he had said in the video about possible machines, might I suggest the little skidder. Would love the bucksaw loader but us console guys would love a real skidder to use. I know its a long shot as you and I have spoke about it before, but just throwing that opinion out there.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Ah I see @mcatalyst. Yeah dude I’m definitely not a modder by any means it was just a brainstorming idea. Like FDR said the cut block is only for reference, you can cut every single tree in the map even the ones outside the blocks. But here’s an idea @mcatalyst, maybe make the blocks grass fields and then places your trees on top of those grass fields and that way you would be buying the grass fields with trees on it. I know that’s kinda what you said @mcclung but yeah I believe that would be a decent way around it idk
Legion Hills Logging on PC
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

@McClung The skidder would be the first machine to hit consoles if it is possible. I think there would be a lot of re-work to the display scale and engine settings, however the mechanics of steering and the claw would work.

As far as the tree cut block, I could get a line of trees, same as the video. The thing that is missing to me is the ability to buy an area. Now THAT would be awesome. Some mechanic where you can't get into an area without buying it first. Somewhat like buying fields but effects trees instead.
Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

I’m with everyone else thank you for the hard work u put in for us loggers on consoles and I would have to agree it would be nice to have a actual skidder for consoles can’t wait for the update on the map keep up the great work @mcatalyst
Ps4 player
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I may have thought of a idea as far as being able to buy tracks of timber. You would have to outline each track with barbwire fence that can't be driven through. I'm pretty sure I have came across a map or two that you couldn't enter the feild until it was bought. The gate that blocked the feild was tied to the sale sign I think. Just a thought, I can't remember what map it was though. The map was on console though. The fence wouldn't be much different than some real life tracs.
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

Congrats mcatalyst! For realism play buying a block would definently be a game changer as would a skidder for consoles. The real question is how much can get fit in before fs19 haha.
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night