Establishing standards for a semi-trailer pack

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BenDragon81037

Establishing standards for a semi-trailer pack

Post by BenDragon81037 »

I was attempting to create a trailer pack, but I am having trouble figuring out what the official standards are in order to produce an authentic fictional trailer pack (the problem mainly stems from finding out weights & dimensions), does anyone know where I can find some official European standards which cover the subject?
Farmer man

Re: Establishing standards for a semi-trailer pack

Post by Farmer man »

the company web sites or call a wholesaler of different types they can get u the info such as the specifications
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

They may call me daft for doing so.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

This page and the links on it might be helpful.
https://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/ro ... ensions_en
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Also it varies country by country
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

I hope you've had a nice Christmas and new year.

I've been looking at the documents, and it seems like everything I need is there.

Though there was one thing that I'm interested in and that was the length of the semi-trailer overall as you can't really control the length of the tractor unit from the frontmost part of the tractor unit to the kingpin, alternatively, a typical figure to substitute for the length of the tractor unit would be just as good.

A lot of the information in many of those documents are redacted for some reason or another.

For example this http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 56&from=en where they've only left the contents and a little section at the bottom.

Edit #2: The documents seem to state weights which are similar to this http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Vehicle%20S ... eaflet.pdf

Edit #1: I wonder how weights are calculated for doubles like these:

Edit #4: Also yeah, the standards do differ between 'member states' of the EU, so getting a good overall understanding of what's acceptable throughout most of Europe is a good starting foundation.
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

Are they coming to the consoles they look nice
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

Well, I'm going to need someone to port said trailers over to console after I've made them as I do not have a console.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Only Giants can do that. There are several requirements for a mod to be eligible for console release, including no unlicensed brands and no added scripts.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Guil

Post by Guil »

There's no porting involved, you just ask Giants to test them for console as well and they will tell you what errors , if any, need to be fixed.

Just on tractor units, you can get a sliding fifth wheel so that would change the length from the front bumper to the kingpin. I suppose a 6x2 tractor unit would probably be 15-18 foot long
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

That's interesting, because trailers are normally approximately 13.6 meters long, even with the maximum 2 meters allowed, you're still going to be like half a meter over the maximum length of the truck as a whole.