Need help with this thig-a-majiggy

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
crazyfarmer2016

Need help with this thig-a-majiggy

Post by crazyfarmer2016 »

I want to make a pusher I can use on a telehandler to push logs flush against the back of the semi log trailers. I took pieces from existing mods as I can't use blender and I don't plan on releasing it anyway. I have the 4 pieces separated (only 3 shown in pic). The collisions are off the forks, but the forks themselves are attached to the rear frame so I can't remove them

The issue I have is I don't how to join them together or do the mod desc or xml file. Since it takes me 30min to place a barn, this might be way out of my league.

Any help would be appreciated or know where something close to this exists already.

Thanks again Crazyfarmer
Its official!! I'm addicted to mods :biggrin2: Approx 34Gigs and counting :confusednew:
Dogface

Re: Need help with this thig-a-majiggy

Post by Dogface »

You don't have to join things in GE. Parts in a GE object are automatically one piece in-game. The hard thing is making them separate in-game. :lol:

As for the moddesc and xml file, find a few mods for a telehandler attachment and study the files. The best mods to use are the Giants mods (or game files). They are guaranteed correct. Files from modders may have mistakes, bugs or inefficiencies. A telehandler attachment with no added Function is a good place to start learning. Good luck! :smileynew:
HINT: the Magsi telehandlerFork doesn't have any added Functions.
You will need Notepad++ to edit xml files.

Why the green arm piece?
crazyfarmer2016

Post by crazyfarmer2016 »

Thanks Dogface for your reply. I'll have to look at some Xml's one of these days. I don't understand a lot of this but i'll figure it out after a few headaches and hissy-fits lol. The green arm piece came from the Merlo, it was the first one I came across that the arm wasn't attached to the rest of the body.

Has there been any modding done with Sketch-Up? I have hears of people using Maya and Blender, I might be able to figure out sketch-up though. Especially since this isn't overly complex.

Thanks again
Crazyfarmer
Its official!! I'm addicted to mods :biggrin2: Approx 34Gigs and counting :confusednew:
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Giants Editor has Exporter Plugins for...

3Ds MAX

Maya

Blender
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Although, certain file formats can be exported from one software to another, then to GE. However, this can cause problems and isn't recommended
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Garion

Post by Garion »

Making mods in sketch-up does work but, you have to import it into blender first then giants editor. As Smith said it can cause problems so after importing your model into blender you have to look it over with a fine tooth comb. If it's a simple model I'd say go for it but if it's complex I'd stick to blender.
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2: