Texture/help/problems

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
cr0wl

Texture/help/problems

Post by cr0wl »

Hello,
so i spent hours on modeling in sketchup, after that spent hours on finding,editing,making and texturing that model,
and when i thought i finished, it looks like i spent my time for nothing.
I exported from sketchup to blender with textures, and then i realised that i have to merge objects in blender becausse there is hundreds of separated little objects which are not connected, so when converted in giants editor it would be much better and easier if everything was one single object.
In blender i selected everything and merged objects (CTRL+J), and it worked(kind of) but now when exported to giants editor textures are messed up, there is no texture but a single color similar to texture(yes i fixed texture paths in notepad).

Is there anyone who could help me how to fix textures? What i need to do with textures ?
Dogface

Re: Texture/help/problems

Post by Dogface »

Do your textures show on the model in Blender?
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Importing to blender then to GE has been known to cause problems. Make sure the textures show up correctly in blender first. And don't join everything as one object, this will cause textures on seperate objects to mess up. You may want to retest urge it in blender if you can't get it to work
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
cr0wl

Post by cr0wl »

no, textures dont show in blender, they never did :/ but sometimes with less complicated objects they worked but (separated objects)
retest urge? how do you mean
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Sorry that was supposed to be retexture (bad at typing :lol:) and what I mean by separate objects is this- make all the objects that would have different textures separate, as in not joined with CTRL+J, but group the ones that would use the same texture
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Does your texture have mipmaps? No mipmaps causes weird colors. (and you can fix without Blender)