Spectacle Island

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Farmer man

Re: Spectacle Island

Post by Farmer man »

I downloaded this map and think I'm going to give it another go but ain't got that far yet lol
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

Got an hour to start it this afternoon while the kids napped. I started by working the field near the harvester. While the helpers were doing that, I began logging the first of the fields. Im on seasons, so there isnt any grass yet. Once that comes up, i will be mowing the big grass field for silage processing. I figure come winter I'll have plenty of time to start cleaning up the lot.

So far, the map is really cool! I'd like a better, wider short rout from the main farm to the shop, but I'll deal.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

I really like this map :) Should be big fun with the snowy land mod *thumbsup*
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

There are so many gold nuggets near the starting area the I found ten quickly. The little dialog box popped up urging me on, so I started collecting. I didn't finish before work this morning, but I'm hoping to get it done soon.

Then, I search and find out that I get $1 million in game for finding them all. I wish I had known that when I first started playing a couple months ago!
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

My game keeps freezing when there's snow.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

It must be really cold.
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

I'm playing on hard on console. With seasons, silage bales aren't worth much. My strategy was logging and loose silage. After gathering the nuggets, I bought a forage harvester since I didn't need a new combine. Also bought the fixings to satisfy full cycle planting with a drill and row crop planter. I kept straw-based crops in the starting field to build my straw supply for cattle. I mowed the big grass field for the BGA. Logged out the first two owned fields. Planted corn in these and the grass field. Chopped the corn in the small fields for the home bunker and then chopped the big field for the BGA.

Sitting on $400k from nuggets and logging, plus over 1.5M liters of silage to sell. Time to buy cattle.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Lindydanny wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm It must be really cold.
Groans... :lol:
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

Silage is really profitable (even with seasons) here.

Anyone notice the BGA plant's bunker silo "leaks" on one side? I lost about 25kl of chaff before I noticed.
Niclainz

Post by Niclainz »

Have anybody got this map working on a dedicated server? Mine crashes every time when I have connected.
Tested without mods and that did not helped so it's an issue with the map.
Singleplayer works fine though.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

Enjoying this map (on Xbox at the moment). Sold everything and bought a Wind Turbine. Left the game on 120X while getting the nuggets. Bought a second Turbine. Bought some cheap MF equipment (it was in sale). Went cheap on logging equipment as well, to clear fields. Negotiating that road can be frustrating! Leaving on 120x let me buy more turbines while tree felling. After about four trailer loads of trees I got lazy and used the stump grinder/plough (Mod item) to remove the fallen trees and stumps. I now have three new fields ready to harvest. The three rectangular ones. At least they didn’t need to be ploughed before being cultivated, though one decided to send the worker at a slightly odd angle so I modified the shape of the field. The first field (nearest the farm) ended up wider and shorter for ease of workers.
Laylanjessie

Post by Laylanjessie »

Does anyone know if an update is coming for spectacle island? I know on Xbox one multiplayer won't work, it boots the host to the home screen. I love this map and hope a fix or patch is coming.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

Now tried on PS4. Same issue with the direction of travel of hired workers not matching sides of some fields. A fairly easy problem to solve. The only real danger would be an update to the map which changes the direction of travel for hired workers.

That stump grinder/plough device is great for quick tree clearing (if you don’t want money fro them). Small trees you just drive up to them with device at its lowest with tip angled up and the tree will soon disappear completely. Larger trees require juggling of distance (to start cutting) and height to continue cutting after top of tree is gone.
AP_Oddity7

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

An update arrived yesterday, dunno if it fixed the MP issues.

I really like Spectacle Island – imho it’s one of the most innovative maps to drop in the hub so far.

I like the basic narrative behind it, setting up a farm from scratch. The linking of the debris around the yard to the trees so as you clear the area, the debris clears as well is a touch of genius that I’d never considered before. Then the causeways, the rickety old trackways, the container vessel spawn point… Everything on this map seems to have been produced with thought to originality in mind.

The only possible downside I can see, and it’s a small one, is hard coding a specific youtubers name into the map – think this might stop other youtubers or streamers using the map. However it certainly didn’t stop me streaming it though.

I'm well impressed.
SomeFarmer

Post by SomeFarmer »

Changelog v1.1.3.0
- Fixed Multiplayer issue.
- Seasons improved (Trees, Bushes)
Note: If you wish trees to change with seasons a new save game is required.
- Widened bridge.
- Added glass windows to main farm house.
- Various textures improved.

Looks interesting