Mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Weebles2015

Mods

Post by Weebles2015 »

Can someone explain what isn't allowed on console? And if the the testing section of mod hub is for mods that are trying come to console. AAny feedback is appreciated.
garyst

Re: Mods

Post by garyst »

Any brand that giants doesn't have a license for and mods that have special scripts are not allowed on console. And yes the testing section are for mods that have been submitted for testing for either console or pc.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

However non ingame brands have been allowed
Weebles2015

Post by Weebles2015 »

I thought seasons had special scripts, I'm only asking because of buy bales and buy all fruit's.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Weebles2015 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:44 pm Can someone explain what isn't allowed on console? And if the the testing section of mod hub is for mods that are trying come to console. AAny feedback is appreciated.
Nobody really knows.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

As a modder with published mods on modhub, my understanding is that Sony and Microsoft have specific requirements for mods that are ported to console. So, to get a mod ported to console, Giants has to get involved directly and port those scripts over to console. Usually, that means any mod with a custom script is not going to go to console. I guess with seasons winning the mod contest, Giants got involved and between them and Realismus Modding, were able to make it happen for consoles.

For the name brands, my understanding is that because Giants has to be involved to port the mods over to console, any mod they port over to console then falls into a situation where they, a commercial company, are modifying their product, and therefore a legal issue arises where they cannot, as a company, port something over for a brand for which they do not have a license agreement.

For PC mods, it is apparently different, as they can just provide the downloads as user-created for PC players to download, and there is no special agreement with a 3rd party provider (like there is for console), so no legal issue arises with mods, they can allow pretty much whatever they want (although they do perform some QA on them to try and minimize potential problems with mods).
Last edited by Slivicon on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 pm
Slivicon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 pm I guess with seasons being so popular, they decided to get involved and make it happen.

It wasnt because it was popular, if that was the case there are plenty of mods that people want on console just as bad as Seasons. It was because it won the mod contest. Part if the award was getting the opportunity to work with Giants to create a DLC
Ahh, yes, that makes sense :)
Weebles2015

Post by Weebles2015 »

What about buy bales or buy all courts or a tmr placeable?