Forestry / MR - "rotating head of harvester after cut".

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
W1der

Forestry / MR - "rotating head of harvester after cut".

Post by W1der »

I just installed the update of the MoreRealistic game engine mod and read the change log, happily, as there where adjustments made to the "forestry".

After a discussion, with the creator of the mod, about the "feeding speed" of the log in the head of the ScorpionKing, this has now been changed and is working better (even if it is a bit to fast for me to keep up with) ... :smileynew:
(A real life operator joined the discussion and shared his experience.)

But the reason I am posting this is that it is now also possible to rotate the head of the ScorpionKing after making the cut.
It´s been setup so that this is not possible until the tree is light enough ... *thumbsup*

If you are in to forestry I urge you to try this mod together with the "Wood Harvester Automation" and (most important) "Manual Cutting for Wood Harvester".
But beware, as this feature is not by any means making it "easier" and this could be the reason why GIANTS made the head "spin freely" in the base game ... :coolnew:

As known since before the "mid steer" vehicles is standing still when they are supposed to (using this mod).

Forestry realism has been improved 100%
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
SimulatedSphere

Re: Forestry / MR - "rotating head of harvester after cut".

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Damn I wished I had a top of the range pc.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
SimDala

Post by SimDala »

Hi, being able to rotate the harvester head when the tree is in delimbing mode is great. I've simply removed the freeing functionality in the harvester mods that I'm using,
but a great thing here would be to use the rotLimitForceLimit parameter that was available in FS17.

But the big issue here is that I cant find out how the similar functionality is made in FS19.

To be able to use rotLimitForceLimit in the crane in forwarders would also make the logging experience much better when it then wouldn't be possible to move the grip through all logs on the machine.

Does anyone know this?
Sw33twater

Post by Sw33twater »

Hey@SimDala and everyone, does somebody know how to remove the free rotating function from harvester heads when cutting logs?
The goal is to be able to rotate the harvester head when cutting wood and also the harvester head to be locked so it doesnt rotate unwanted while processing wood.

W1der

Post by W1der »

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5