Props to ALiEN JiM, Spectacle Island is one-of-a-kind (PS4)

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
traveler87

Props to ALiEN JiM, Spectacle Island is one-of-a-kind (PS4)

Post by traveler87 »

Just downloaded this little map to take a look and wow! On console I just don't think I've seen the density of detail before. A hedge row isn't just a line of the same bush, there's individual bushes and plants interwoven to add complexity. Fences can be comprised of stacked rocks with moss covering. The yard is cluttered with debris, but as one clears away the overgrowth the rubble disappears as well. Crashed cars, rickety bridges, abandoned machinery, neglected fields... Alien Jim has shown a unique creativity developing this map.

In a time where recent console map mods seem to be either a few, gigantic fields, or near 100, tiny fields, it's nice to have a small map that has a manageable number of decent sized fields. Well done Alien Jim, way to think outside the box.

Trav
Last edited by traveler87 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RODHA

Re: Props to ALiEN JiM, Spactacle Island is one-of-a-kind (PS4)

Post by RODHA »

I've been running arround like a maniac to discover every bit of detail Jim put into this map. It is just magnificent. I'm speechless. There is even a bear growling with a gold nugget in its cave for gods sake.

Alien Jim is a big part of MrSealyp's (https://www.youtube.com/user/MrSealyp) community and his first subscriber. So, we new that this map is on its way and we new it would be amazing but tbh I wasn't expecting something that good.

Perfect job Jim. Hats off to you :hi:
Last edited by RODHA on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS5 / FS22
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know the backstory. I just managed to grab the 99th nugget. I will be able to get the last one once the bear falls asleep, lol
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

This is really brilliant
Before:
After:
XB1/PC
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

RODHA wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 pmThere is even a bear growling with a gold nugget in its cave for gods sake.

Wasn't even going to try it out until I read that. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Nice pics Soles. My question is: I've seen a video on this map on PC and they had a ferry boat to shuttle equipment between the islands. Is that something we can get on console?

I'm curious how I'm to move large machinery from the arable fields island over the the farm island. It would be a shame to have to go all the way around the map to the North. The death road trail isn't wide enough at first glance for larger equipment.
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

Unfortunately the ferry is an add-on for PC only, defentily going to be putting on some mileage getting the equipment around the island's see as all the shortcuts are very narrow and rugged.
XB1/PC
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Well I've tested and I was able to get the big combine to the farm coming from the north and also from the south. I wouldn't want to do it after having a few beers but it is possible.
TacoFarmer

Re: Props to ALiEN JiM, Spectacle Island is one-of-a-kind (PS4)

Post by TacoFarmer »

Im scared I found the Path Of Death!! And the power station hums.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

I noticed the trees and hedges don’t change for fall/winter. Is that normal? Otherwise, it’s a wonderful map.
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

I was just going to hop on here and see how people are navigating that incredibly narrow trail near the farm.. I was debating using wood chips or something to fill in a portion of the river...
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

The Spectacle Farm looks more cozy with all the clutter and trees and debris around. I'm not sure if I ever want to clear that up.

On the other hand, did anybody manage to discover the source of that squeaky swing sound?
It might be a bird but I'm not sure. I tried to find the source but couldn't manage.
It gives a horror movie feel to the map in conjuction with all the run down look.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

PS5 / FS22
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

traveler87 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 pm Nice pics Soles. My question is: I've seen a video on this map on PC and they had a ferry boat to shuttle equipment between the islands.
A little bit off-topic, but would that video be the let's play by Rudeman? It would be nice to see I'm not the only one who like his let's plays :)
Playing on PS4
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

Jlf85 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 am I was just going to hop on here and see how people are navigating that incredibly narrow trail near the farm.. I was debating using wood chips or something to fill in a portion of the river...
If you are talking about the Path of Death that lead to the island with the shop ship, I just use the log ramp on the outer edge of the path where the road collapsed.