Snow Blower Mod Issue

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
crypt.halo

Snow Blower Mod Issue

Post by crypt.halo »

First of all, thank you for making this mod. I was excited to see if something like this would come to XB1 and it did, so thank you to whoever made this happen!

I tried out the snow blower on my test map (A logging map with Snowy Lands Seasons Mod on) last night and ran into an issue. I unfold the blower, lower it, stick the pipe out and turn it on, but it doesn't remove the snow or blow it. I have to hold the "Unload Here" combo, while driving, and then it will blow to the side. If I don't hold the "Unload Here" (RB +Y) combo, it won't work.

Anyone else run into this? I think it would be more likely that I am doing something wrong as opposed to the mod itself having a fault.

Any ideas on what's going on?
John Wayne, Johnny Cash, and John Deere

Tractors Personally Owned
1938 Allis-Chalmers WC
1940s Allis Chalmers WD-45
1955 Ford 8N

PC SPECS
i7-8700k @3.7GHz
16GB RAM
ZOTAC Gaming RTX 2070 8GB

PC
Farming Simulator 19
All settings maxed out, 2k resolution, 60fps
markare

Re: Snow Blower Mod Issue

Post by markare »

You need a trailer or it won't work unless the unload here option is activated
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
crypt.halo

Post by crypt.halo »

So I've watched a few more videos and the issue I have is that you have to already be moving, THEN press "Unload Here", and ONLY THEN will the snow blow out the pipe. It seems that this was done more by design rather than an actual bug, which in my opinion is inconvenient and a little annoying.

I would like it to be where you are sitting idle, snow blower running, and turn on the "Unload Here" trigger, and THEN begin driving forward and blowing snow. That seems more reasonable. Any chance someone knows how I can contact the modder to see if this change can happen or have this as an option? Also want to personally thanks them :]

1938 Allis-Chalmers WC
1955 Ford 8N

PC SPECS
i7-8700k @3.7GHz
16GB RAM

PC
Farming Simulator 19
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

For me it works fine no problem at all. Only one, the snow coming out of the shute isn't showing. I tested it on my Xbox yesterday. And I'm gona test it on my pc tonight when I get home.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Think I'll just keep using the brush/roller for snow clearing.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

I think it's fixed now.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
crypt.halo

Post by crypt.halo »

I see that an update for it was pushed today. When I get home I will check to see if it is fixed, the changelog only states a multiplayer issue.

1938 Allis-Chalmers WC
1955 Ford 8N

PC SPECS
i7-8700k @3.7GHz
16GB RAM

PC
Farming Simulator 19
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

I was having an issue with it saying it was down when it was up and vice versa.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Tried using it on my play through and don't like the quirks involved with it. The snowblower needs to be always unloading. It shouldn't have to be moving. I also find the the unload selection is inconsistent. Once its working its great then I turn around and I find I'm struggling to get it to blow again.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Corstaad wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 pm Tried using it on my play through and don't like the quirks involved with it. The snowblower needs to be always unloading. It shouldn't have to be moving. I also find the the unload selection is inconsistent. Once its working its great then I turn around and I find I'm struggling to get it to blow again.
I just found out I should of blew it into a tipper instead of blowing it on the ground. This confused me because the only time someone blows snow into a box is because there isn't space for anymore snow. This isn't how you typically use a snowblower.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

The snowblower is just a harvester. Snow isn’t actually snow. Just white hay or whatever. That’s why it works, it’s using in game mechanics.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Corstaad wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 pm Tried using it on my play through and don't like the quirks involved with it. The snowblower needs to be always unloading. It shouldn't have to be moving. I also find the the unload selection is inconsistent. Once its working its great then I turn around and I find I'm struggling to get it to blow again.
Same here, I had problems where it stops unloading when going over ground where the snow can't be shifted (e.g. invisible radius around a fruit tree) or where its trying to blow to a place that snow can't be placed. Required constant reselection of unload here. Gave up on it sadly and used the wheel loader with the biggest bucket instead. Great mod idea but the game mechanic limitations as stated above cause it issues.
t0xic0m

Post by t0xic0m »

I know the issues, but i can´t fix this (Main Game Mechanism) .

The best way to play with the Mod is: 1. Slow Down, 7-10Kph 2. Use the Speed Limiter. I can play one hour without any problem, if u play with the Speed Limiter u have alot of time when the Blower turn off to reactivate.
I have seen alot of YT Videos from the Mod, i can say i never tested like this. :shock: FS is Arcade gameplay but my Mods are tested with "realistic" gameplay, thats my Problem...
I'm planning for fs 19 only simple things -> easy to use, Standart Vehicles.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

The more I think about it the more I feel dumping in box is actually more practical anyways. I did get it to work somewhat by using cruise control but it was hard to get it to blow when I had my first row already up. It acts like it won't blow into same pile. So what I did was bucket piles all over the place. It made a mess and I now I'm pushing the piles twice trying to get them to melt so I can get in my fields. Super funny to me anyways because this is realistic :). Next time I'll plan dumpsites that can sit without getting in the way.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

t0xic0m wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:58 pm I'm planning for fs 19 only simple things -> easy to use, Standart Vehicles.
You do great work which I massively appreciate, I'm sure most people are aware there are limitations for modders imposed by the mechanics of the base game.