Console mod requests #2

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
sgtlee79

Re: Console mod requests #2

Post by sgtlee79 »

eric21 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:52 pm
sgtlee79 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:17 pm
eric21 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:03 am Thats New Holland construction
If bobcat is in the game (mod) the there is not reason for there not to be a cat or new holand construction. Simple as that. I actually own 2 bobcats as a contractor myself and they are mostly used for well everything. But still.
Its alot harder than u think it is
Well if it comes down to it i do modding for a lot of games including my own so.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

You are overlooking the licensing issue at play. Just because Item A is in the game, doesn't mean the door is wide open for anything similar to A (in terms of functionality, manufacturer, appearance, what-not). IP licenses do not work like that!
sgtlee79

Post by sgtlee79 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm You are overlooking the licensing issue at play. Just because Item A is in the game, doesn't mean the door is wide open for anything similar to A (in terms of functionality, manufacturer, appearance, what-not). IP licenses do not work like that!
Listen and listen good. I have been doing game development for over 14 years now i know how it works.I have gone through licensing before i know what the limitations are. I went to college for 4 year to do what I do.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Well that's all well and good. Maybe you should not assume everyone else reading here has the same alleged background you do? Many people here do not understand the nuances of IP licensing, which has created a significant amount of confusion and frustration over the past few years.

Interestingly enough though, I do find your claim suspect, given your earlier statement:
If bobcat is in the game (mod) the there is not reason for there not to be a cat or new holand construction. Simple as that. I actually own 2 bobcats as a contractor myself and they are mostly used for well everything. But still.
Forgive me if I read that and suspected that maybe you did not understand IP licensing, as your statement implies a single, simple precedent is all that is required to use another company's IP at will, without limitation.

Such an understanding of IP licensing will almost certainly leads to dangerous assumptions, erroneous interpretations, and ultimately, frustration.

P.S. Random blurbs of "Listen and Listen good" followed by "I've been doing X, Y, Z for 999 years", reek of desperation and an inability to rationally respond to a question/claim, as it is an attempt to bully another into submission by claiming intellectual/experiential superiority, without basis.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

and for the bobcat, the maker(ARM-Team) of it received permission from bobcat to put it on consoles.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I hope we see a trailer that allows us to tie down equipment (on consoles) before the end of the year.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

livesea72 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:16 am I hope we see a trailer that allows us to tie down equipment (on consoles) before the end of the year.
Won't happen. There aren't the the scripts already available to make such a mod for consoles.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
sgtlee79

Post by sgtlee79 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:10 pm Well that's all well and good. Maybe you should not assume everyone else reading here has the same alleged background you do? Many people here do not understand the nuances of IP licensing, which has created a significant amount of confusion and frustration over the past few years.

Interestingly enough though, I do find your claim suspect, given your earlier statement:
Forgive me if I read that and suspected that maybe you did not understand IP licensing, as your statement implies a single, simple precedent is all that is required to use another company's IP at will, without limitation.

Such an understanding of IP licensing will almost certainly leads to dangerous assumptions, erroneous interpretations, and ultimately, frustration.

P.S. Random blurbs of "Listen and Listen good" followed by "I've been doing X, Y, Z for 999 years", reek of desperation and an inability to rationally respond to a question/claim, as it is an attempt to bully another into submission by claiming intellectual/experiential superiority, without basis.
Your reply is noted. But may i also remind you as long as your not selling mods no license is needed. Im sure you know that don't you? Not to mention PC is a great example.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Don't report posts you don't agree with and licencing is an issue on consoles as giants are the only ones that can upload a mod for console.
sgtlee79

Post by sgtlee79 »

Guil wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:33 pm Don't report posts you don't agree with and licencing is an issue on consoles as giants are the only ones that can upload a mod for console.
Really? Thats pretty dumb.. look at fallout, skyrim ect dont you agree?
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Whether you agree or not is independent of whether or not modded content can be uploaded for consoles, which was the point I was endeavouring to address.

As Giants are the only ones able to upload mods, they are bound by licensing agreements, whether they are charging for a mod or not, because the modded content is employed within their IP, for which they benefit financially.

The reason why licensing is not enforced to the same extent on PC is because individual users can create and upload content for other users to download and install, without any involvement of Giants.

That being said, many modders have begun "locking" their mods behind Patreon and other profit generation mechanisms, which is in violation of the EULA (because they are now profiting from it), and they could become subject to legal action for IP Infringement by the original IP owners (because such usage of the IP no longer falls under "free use" caveats).
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Dribbly Midget wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:49 pm
livesea72 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:16 am I hope we see a trailer that allows us to tie down equipment (on consoles) before the end of the year.
Won't happen. There aren't the the scripts already available to make such a mod for consoles.
Maybe, if giants could make it work in 19 somehow.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
sgtlee79

Post by sgtlee79 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:45 pm Whether you agree or not is independent of whether or not modded content can be uploaded for consoles, which was the point I was endeavouring to address.

As Giants are the only ones able to upload mods, they are bound by licensing agreements, whether they are charging for a mod or not, because the modded content is employed within their IP, for which they benefit financially.

The reason why licensing is not enforced to the same extent on PC is because individual users can create and upload content for other users to download and install, without any involvement of Giants.

That being said, many modders have begun "locking" their mods behind Patreon and other profit generation mechanisms, which is in violation of the EULA (because they are now profiting from it), and they could become subject to legal action for IP Infringement by the original IP owners (because such usage of the IP no longer falls under "free use" caveats).
My apologies btw. I tend to Bragg about my success in life lol. No clue farmer simulator did things like that.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Apology accepted :) Happy Farming!
sgtlee79

Post by sgtlee79 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:26 pm Apology accepted :) Happy Farming!
Hopefully they will update the https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... er=console to be able to use a silage blade in the front