Editing a Mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ClassicTractors

Editing a Mod

Post by ClassicTractors »

I am trying to do a private edit of a mod and have a few questions:

1). How do you change the length of an animation? I am trying to make ramps on a trailer fold down a little more than they do. I have tried editing rotation length in the .xml file, but that didn't work?

2). How do you change the tires?

3). How does Giants editor work? Whenever I open the .i3d file, no 3-d model comes up? This is all that comes up:

Thanks!!
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
fabriciosscorza

Re: Editing a Mod

Post by fabriciosscorza »

my friend . I can see that you've opened a file of lights. some models are even invisible.
GIANTS EDITOR is not a 3D modeler but an assembly program for the farming simulator game. You can export to Maya 3DSMAX or FBX read the manual: Farming Simulator 17 \ sdk \ moddingHandbook
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

To open a mod in GE, either make sure the zip file the mod is in is unzipped or go to file->open mod, then navigate to the zip file.
To change the tires, you'll either have to make some in a separate software or use in game tires. That or take them from another mod.
To edit animations, you're actually going in the right direction. What you need to do is get the mod open in ge. Then select the ramps, and figure out which axis it rotates on. After figuring that out, see how far it needs to go to look/work right. Copy the number in the rotation line on the right of the screen, then exit without saving your rotation changes. Copy that number into the vehicle.xml. Keep in mind the axis are in the same order in ge as they are in the xml. So if the second number changes in ge, change the second number in the xml.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Thank you both :). *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks