Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
LostManAbroad

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Post by LostManAbroad »

I am trying to edit a map called Cantabria Infinite. In the oil factory in the map there is a large set of animated shelves. They have two shelves that can slide forward and be lowered to the floor by pushing and holding a button. I wanted to replace the shelves at the plank factory with those shelves. In the Scenegraph I opened up the location for the oil factory and I located the parent asset for the shelves I want to copy. I expanded it first and click on each of the child assets in turn to make sure everything was there which it was. I then clicked on the parent asset again and then did a CTRL C to copy it.

I then expanded the parent asset for the Plank Factory and within it is another transform group called Visual Objects. I expanded that and clicked on the parent of the Visual Objects group. I hit CTRL V and pasted the shelves into the group. The shelves appeared at the plank factory so I positioned them where I wanted them and I moved all the pallet spawners so that pallets of planks would appear on the shelves as they were created.

I then saved my work and then entered the game to test it. The shelves were exactly where they were supposed to be but for some reason the triggers for the buttons do not seem to work and I cannot animate the shelves to move like they do in the oil factory. I went back and compared the contents of the asset tree for the shelves at the oil factory and at the plank factory and they are exact. I have definitely moved everything. When I click on the triggers for the buttons on the shelves at the Plank factory, I can see them. So why aren't they working? Anyone have any idea what I am missing?
BostonJohnny1226

Re: Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Look in your log file to see if youre getting any errors. Since its an animation, your new shelves MIGHT have to be put into an animstion file
Criti

Re: Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Post by Criti »

you need to give another name to animation node and register it in the animatedObject.xml file