Programming language used in FS17 HTML files?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
LostManAbroad

Programming language used in FS17 HTML files?

Post by LostManAbroad »

As the title states, does anyone know what programming language is used in the HTML files within a map mod? I am interested in learning it but I need to know what it is first.
don_apple

Re: Programming language used in FS17 HTML files?

Post by don_apple »

The scripts used by the game itself and by mods are written in a language called LUA. The configuration files use a format called XML.

If you want to start learning how to mod I recommend to have a look at the resources mentioned in the following post: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=119340#p934941
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
LostManAbroad

Re: Programming language used in FS17 HTML files?

Post by LostManAbroad »

I will take a look at the scripting documentation on that thread but the Giants Software video tutorials are so vague and lacking in any kind of depth of knowledge that they have very little value. I have watched all of the Giants Software video tutorials and they have missed out on explaining so many of the fundamentals that you need be able to understand what you are doing with the software. Where are the basics? It shows you a few basic things you can do with the Giants editor but leaves you with a multitude of questions that do not get answered.

Personally I think Giants, who did such a fantastic job creating the game, did such a poor job with the tutorials on modding. There should have been an entire video dedicated to explaining how the files within a mod are organized, what types of files make up a mod, which files work with each other, things like that. I have been working with a map for weeks trying to learn what I need to create mods but because of the lack of help I have basically been breaking the map over and over, each time starting from the beginning again slowly figuring out how it works.