Mods for potatos

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Coldlandlord

Mods for potatos

Post by Coldlandlord »

I know absolutely nothing about modding so forgive me if what i am suggesting is impossible but...

Having worked on a potato farm for a number of seasons in the past, i notice that there is a distinct lack of equipment available to farm spuds on fs17. I really want to farm spuds as my primary crop as in real life it requires a lot more processes, equipment and time than farming cereals. Now that we have great mods such as courseplay which means we can do a lot more in single player mode i think it is about time we saw some mods to support this crop.

I'm pretty board of just the basic processes that are required for cereals and once you've made a load of cash, bought the biggest new machines, the game seems to lose its appeal to me as its just repeating the same thing over and over again until a new map comes out.

I want to get more from the game by having to really work the fields with a wider range of kit. I have just done a full spud season on coldborough park farm with the in game trailed harvester and topper and while i enjoyed it more than cereals, i kept finding things that were not quite right which was frustrating as I know it was wrong.
For example:

- the grader is pants and only offers bulk or boxed products
- The maps on offer lack the shed types and space to put a grader in
- The harvesters on offer are one extreme to the other, small trailed one with the unload conveyor on the wrong side or a huge self propelled
- there's a whole host of missing equipment, processes and textures. Creating the ridges, destoning, bed tilling etc.

It feels to me that this crop has been thrown together and offered as a token gesture rather than being properly thought about and developed.

I would love to see the following mods:

More trailed harvesters which have to be followed such as the grimme GT-300. This should have a windrowing function for opening up the blocks in the field when a trailer can follow.

More toppers to suit the harvesters

A better range of planters

A proper grader with bagging equipment.(this should require hired workers to grade, bag and palletise.
I'm not sure if this would be better as a placable like the saw mill. You would have to back onto the grader and then It could have workers stood around the grading table, a forklift emptying the waste soil and bad spuds from boxes into a trailer, picking up full pallets of bagged spuds and putting them in a "finished zone" which you have to move to storage or load onto a trailer.

Ridgers, destoners, shakerators and bed tillers with the required textures and impact on yields. You should not be able to plant potatoes in flat cultivated ground as you need to create the seed beds first
Coltar452017

Re: Mods for potatos

Post by Coltar452017 »

I agree with you more crops
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I wouldn't say that we need more crops as there are lots to choose from, however many of them are just not properly developed to give the feeling that they are any Different to each other. I think the Modders could do wonders to the game if they were to look at these areas that are lacking aspects which would make it far more realistic.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Totally agree - there is a distinct lack of real additional equipment and process for spuds - Grimme is a licensed brand in game and they have a huge range of spud equipment (not forgetting the Spudnik brand in the US, owned by Grimme).