Woodshire

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Sundropjunkie

Re: Woodshire

Post by Sundropjunkie »

Well..... I didn't like the way I was going about it on this map.... So I deleted my save.... OK so.... I want to do seasons on Woodshire.... I'm thinking 5x....6 days.... No geo... Sound good?... Now I'm thinking of a NH theme... Any input would be appreciated.

Started my new Woodshire season's... 6 days 5x no geo. Sold both tractors and got a NH T7 heavy duty.... Sold all the sheep and bought 2...the 3 fields you own I cultivated seeded, and fertilized... 1 I made grass for the 2 sheep to have grass... So I think it's going well...

Well, here I am going along at my own little pace getting on my Fields ready and everything and I pulled back into the farm and I look over and see those four little little field's behind the house. So I thought those were merely cosmetic and I thought wouldn't it be cool if you could plow those and I went over and tried it and lo and behold you can I was like oh cool!! and I wasn't paying attention and the big huge field behind the Sheep you know that's right there with it yeah.... I ended up cultivating all of that up I'm thinking about replanting grass what are your thoughts?
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proud Console Owner XB1
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I was thinking of planting poplar trees in those little fields, then harvest them when I lease a forage harvester
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

Nice.... So um.... I had a seasons Woodshire map going but I was looking through my mods and uninstalled several of them and went to load up Woodshire and it popped up a message it said that the game had some of these mods that I had removed and I don't know that it would work right so I just deleted it so yeah kind of gave up on the valley so I'm going to try Woodshire again think I'll give myself about 2 mil say it was from an inheritance in a will or something
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proud Console Owner XB1
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Woah dude, you don't need to delete it over that. All it will do is take away some tools or vehicles in the shop
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

I don't know it popped up some kind of thing maybe I miss read it I don't know but it said the save game that I was trying to load up had some missing mods or whatever and I don't know if it said that the game wouldn't work right or it might be messed up so I didn't want to take a chance so I just said screw it and deleted it.

Basically my disk space would have said a hundred and I thought I had that big Krone mower thing already downloaded and when I looked it wasn't so I was trying to make some space so I could put it on there and deleted a few tools and put that mower back on there I only have two maps Woodshire and TVTOF and I'm at 98% disk space
Proud Console Owner XB1
markare

Post by markare »

I already told you. Deleting mods does not mess up your save game. It just takes out any vehicles or implements from the mod you have bought on your game. There is no need to delete it.

Example if you install the money cheat and place some. You can go to your mod load list and uncheck it. It will load your game fine just won't show the bright green $ signs or give you an hourly income.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

Oh well it's too late now I'll just have to start over but right now I'm going to bed so I'll talk to y'all tomorrow
Proud Console Owner XB1
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

It's only 803,777 :lol:
Proud Console Owner XB1
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

There is a grass field at the bottom the hill from the sheep farm (right hand side of road) that has no entrance.. has a fence all round.. am I going mad ??.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

niggle44 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 am There is a grass field at the bottom the hill from the sheep farm (right hand side of road) that has no entrance.. has a fence all round.. am I going mad ??.
South of field 5? Entrance is at the NW corner just over the bridge (coming down from the sheep farm) I think.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Thanks Jimbob - will check it out
Sponge1000

Post by Sponge1000 »

Not impressed at all. (6 day season x5 PS4)

Growing OSR field 6, the crop reaches 83% early/mid summer appearing ready to harvest(standard) but still has a bit go, mid to late summer when according the seasons menu OSR is ready to harvest but 3 days later early/mid autumn the crop reaches 100%.
So now it’s early autumn, I’m waiting for rain showers to pass and the crop to be low enough in moisture, then finally it is, I start the combine and the crop withers!!

If the crop had of been at 100% when the seasons menu stated it would of been fine.
But to run 3 days over...
I haven’t experienced that in seasons before.
Crops where ready to harvest within their respective windows.
When I quickened up time I checked the crop every hour so as not to miss it being 100%
This happened in all 4 starting fields.

Have I missed something... or just been unlucky with a forecast?

Even IRL the farmer can harvest his crop after a poor weather cycle during harvest, just at a cost and detriment to quality.

Oh well reseeding a lost crop won’t be fun :D

Any thoughts would be interesting.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

The first harvestable stage IS the final stage.

https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... wiki/Crops
Sponge1000

Post by Sponge1000 »

Maybe I planted at the wrong time!
I can’t renember now.

Thanks for the link 👍🏻
Sponge1000

Post by Sponge1000 »

I must admit though is this a good quality map to play plenty to keep you busy through out the seasons year.
Usually I just play arable with one or two of the animals but with Woodshire Ive added in forestry which fills out my 6 day cycle.

How the map has been crafted just draws you in to explore it and develope it and expand every aspect of what you’re doing.

I agree with previous posts in that some smaller equipment will play a part in the longevity of Woodshire but also there is the option of opening up huge fields via deforestation or joining up close by fields so the larger equipment can be used.

The details are outstanding too, from the forest tracks to road side construction. Woodshire feels like it has a history yet lends itself to being a modern day farming enterprise.