Plow weight - help needed

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
SpecialGuest

Plow weight - help needed

Post by SpecialGuest »

Hi folks, I need some advice from some modding experts. :smileynew:

I've downloaded a plow mod, it is not a big one, but average tractors cannot pull it faster than 5 km/h. I'd like to change that.
The speed limit in the xml file is 15 km/h, so the problem is elsewhere.
I tried to decrease to plow's Density in the i3d file to lower its weight (from 1 to 0.1 and 0.5) , but then it was "jumping" out of the ground all the time. So the problem seem to be now that the soil has too much resistance on the shanks compared to its mass, it pushes the plow out of the ground.
Is there a way to make it work? It's a small plow, it really shouldn't need 500 hp to pull.

Thanks in advance. :smileynew:
Agriculture basically has four major problems every year: spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
BenGerlach

Re: Plow weight - help needed

Post by BenGerlach »

can you send me the link
if you don't know what Spotted Cow is, you haven't had a good beer.
SpecialGuest

Post by SpecialGuest »

Sorry I can't remeber where is it exactly from, but it's called John Deere 915 ripper. It contains two plows, and it's the bigger one.
Agriculture basically has four major problems every year: spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Is it this one? https://www.deere.com/en/tillage/915-v-ripper/
Looks like a pretty big ripper with a pretty big tractor pulling it to me...
If you're after a big plough that's easy to pull, look for the Horsch cultiplow by Stevie. It's 10m wide and works well enough with 250+hp on the front.
Sorry, I can't help with your issue. I tried to edit the cultiplow the other way, to make it harder to pull as it just seems too easy for it's size, but it's beyond me!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc