The much forgotten or unloved poplar...

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
cr41g_1965

The much forgotten or unloved poplar...

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I have been thinking about getting into poplars for Woodshire...yeah I know logging makes more money...but I am tapped out on logging and want to do something different... its a shame we have but the one harvester... it would be nice if there was some alternative available....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RODHA

Re: The much forgotten or unloved poplar...

Post by RODHA »

This is just amazing. How stupidly I've forgotten about the poplars :biggrin2:
Here is my problem. I'm on TWC and annihilated a 1000+ tree forest to make the biggest field of the map.
But as there are only small and mid sized trees in TWC I'm done with logging/woodchipping via trees for a while :biggrin2:
But in the winter, woodchips can be sold for a good price. And I didn't think of using poplars till I see your thread.
As you said, "The much forgotten or unloved poplar..." :biggrin2:
Btw, you are right on the different harvester idea. Actullay if there are some more machine irl for poplars it would be cool to have them and make poplars shine in the game.
PS5 / FS22
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I had seen this elsewhere... it would be a nice start...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

This looks like the green version of the in game front mounted silage harvester. You sure it can do poplars?
PS5 / FS22
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

positive...... now I don't profess to know modding but to me you would just have to change the crop type and then whatever else you wanted to change...i.e. the colour, brand etc....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2