Rideable Pony has potential

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Paddock

Rideable Pony has potential

Post by Paddock »

Thank you, Farmer Andy and Ifkonator,

for your Rideable Pony! I think this mod has more potential than someone might think at first glance. Because thanks to you we have now in-game animal you can move around and which consumes basic supplies like hay and water.

I tried to feed a pony with a Welger 730 made small bales. Succeeded after having saved, exited and manually edited the bales to be right type and category in the save file.

I really do hope you would like to take this mod further. Maybe additions for diet? Oats and rye along hay and silage? And having seen this, you start imagine a movable cows that could be fed with more realistic diets and which could be taken to milking station to be milked or moved out from barn to paddock for a while...

Repeating myself, I know, but please take this to next level. I think this is really worth of it.

-Paddock-
wiseguy49

Re: Rideable Pony has potential

Post by wiseguy49 »

Cannot say enough good things about Farmer Andy and Ifko[nator]. They have produced some amazing work (not just this, but many other things as well).
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Just watched this mod on YouTube, and I think it looks so cool *thumbsup* This would look perfect in Sosnovka :)
da-hoffi

Post by da-hoffi »

Will forward your comments to Ifko and Andy.

Thanks a lot
Paddock

Post by Paddock »

@ da-hoffi: thank you! Great if Farmer Andy and Ifkonator can get the positive feedback. They have been doing great work for a long time, as wiseguy49 noted.

@ Dramattymd: As I haven't worked with lua scripts myself I didn't even try to get the baler itself to "produce" right type of bales (or actually fillable pallet). What I did was just that I took some loose hay from storage, baled it with Welger 730 and then saved and exited. Next thing I did was that I opened the save file and manually edited the particular bales in vehicles.xml to be "pony bales". As I didn't touch position of each bales but only edited their type, this worked out as en experiment very well. "Pony bales" are almost to the detail same size as are the original Welger bales and their fill capacity is also easy to change if wanted (Welger bales "compress" hay about 50 %). Edited and unedited bales are however easy to identify in-game due their slightly different color ("pony bales" looks a bit more dry than original Welgers.)

However, I'm quite exited about this mod and I'm planning to start a new scenario building around ponies. A rent barn maybe...

-Paddock-
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Watched a video. Boy I wished we had this for consoles. I love it even though I can't get it. anyways thank you Farmer Andy, Ifkonator for bringing something new and fun to the game. Think outside the box. Have a good day
Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

lefe1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:09 pm Watched a video. Boy I wished we had this for consoles. I love it even though I can't get it. anyways thank you Farmer Andy, Ifkonator for bringing something new and fun to the game. Think outside the box. Have a good day
Have to agree with you maybe one day we console players will get it until than great work guys on the mod
Ps4 player
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Looks like fun and I know my 6 year old is desperate for it to be available on PS4 to join her fleet of pink cars and forest of Christmas trees !!.