"ManualAttching" Keybindings / GIANTS controls menu flaws.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
W1der

"ManualAttching" Keybindings / GIANTS controls menu flaws.

Post by W1der »

I just updated this mod and it seems as if the creator decided to ditch the "mod specific keybindings" and use the "default keys" (Q/Z) instead.

This causes two "issues" for me.

1. I now have 2 lines in the controls menu that says missing input (not so much an issue as it is annoying).
2. I used to have these lines mapped to my XB1 controller (which I use while on foot). While the default lines for "Q" and "Z" is mapped on my button box (which I use for vehicle control). As the inputs are changed my "on foot experience" with this game is now "not well optimized".

This is where GIANTS lack of interest for optimizing the controls menu comes in as a part of the problem ... so I can not really blame the creator fo the mod ...

Also ... A heads up for any one making mods.

Some mods benefit from having "mod specific keybindings", as GIANTS controls menu is not well optimized (only one column for "game pad"), this gives players with multiple controllers a better possibility to map keys according to their liking.
But also ... when adding mod specific keybindings" please do it as the creator of the GPS mod and others ... put the name of your mod in there so we can tell all the lines in the controls menu apart!

I don't want lines in my controls menu that is called "XXX" or just "open" ... it takes me forever to figure out what mod it belongs to and what the function is ... :gamer: :zunge:

... :hi:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Wopster

Re: "ManualAttching" Keybindings / GIANTS controls menu flaws.

Post by Wopster »

Mm, did i ditch those? Lol my bad i guess.

I remember doing inputBindings on the mod.. but somehow cannot find it back in my version history. Did you get it from Github at a certain point?
W1der

Re: "ManualAttching" Keybindings / GIANTS controls menu flaws.

Post by W1der »

I have been using this mod for quite some time ... but been playing with another mod folder (not containing this mod) for a while and switched back to my standard one today and noticed an update for this mod.
Ones I got in to the game I found that my buttons did not work as they used to and I noticed the missing inputs in the controls menu.

It´s not "game breaking" in any way ... and if GIANTS hade made a better job with the layout of the controls menu it wouldn´t even be an "issue" ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5