Biobeltz Logfork

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Corstaad

Biobeltz Logfork

Post by Corstaad »

I really like this mod because it has two top knuckles. This seems to fix the wierd log physics of not "perfectly" clamping a log. Can anyone look into creating the same for telehandler and wheel loader. The CSZ mod forks are for multiple logs and don't fully clamp down. Reason I want this is I like felling trees in a organized manner then loading them in one go rather then stacking multiples.
TurboFarmer

Re: Biobeltz Logfork

Post by TurboFarmer »

I agree, it works very well. I also would love to see more versions of this tool.
PS4 Farmer
t0xic0m

Post by t0xic0m »

The same size or a larger Fork? I´ve u want the same size i can add a "Adapter" for Telehandler and Wheel Loader.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

If it was same size it would scale well with Telehandler. The loader I feel might have to be bigger so it doesn't look weird.
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

I would mainly use it for the telehandler.
I only use the wheel loader for unloading the trailers so the vanilla log for works best in that application for me.
PS4 Farmer
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Have you looked into the CSZ mod set? They too have log forks with two "thumbs", and can be configured for either front-loader, wheel-loader, telehandler, or skidsteer. Else, there are several mod buckets with grapples that work pretty well too (though may not support telehandlers specifically).
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

The CSZ set log grapples are made to grab multiple logs from a pile. I like pushing a few together then loading them on a trailer I keep close. I don't like the CSZ set because it loses the utility of grabbing individual logs.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Erm, I manage to grab individual logs just fine with the CSZ set? I think this is more a matter of personal preference for yourself, vice functionality of mods.
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

The CSZ forks don't close far enough to grip a single log. The logs can slide out easily. Yes, it can be used but is not optimal.The CSZ forks also do not grip multiple logs very well either, the top forks will float from their pivot points. The Biobeltz fork gives a firm grip and works very well, there really is just no comparison there.
PS4 Farmer
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

This isn't about preference. The CSZ log forks are a different design then the Biobeltz. CSZ will close to a point where the top grabber touches the bottom forks. The Biobeltz will continue to pinch tell it hit a log.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

notwithstanding the previous discussion, you can edit the attacher type in the Giants Editor. Just create copies of the mod and adjust the name (so they don't over-write themselves).

Maybe give this a shot?
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

t0xic0m wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:22 pm The same size or a larger Fork? I´ve u want the same size i can add a "Adapter" for Telehandler and Wheel Loader.
Are you still going to add telehandler and wheel loader adapter to your logfork?
I would happily use the same size one on the wheel loader.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .