What am I doing wrong?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
manosaurus

What am I doing wrong?

Post by manosaurus »

So I’m trying to increase the capacity of the big bag pallets from 8000l to 20,000l. FOR MY USE ONLY. I’ve unzipped changed the xml file to say 20,000l and capacity of 20,000l rezipped it and placed it back in the folder. I open the game up and the numbers on the screen in the store say 20,000l but the pallet only has the original 8000l in it. What did I do wrong or what didn’t I do?
TSM

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by TSM »

Welcome to Modding :P

does it through up any log errors ?
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Nope. No errors
TSM

Post by TSM »

did you create a new mod or was it from existing?
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Existing mod. My mod skills consist of adding 1 fruit type to a seeder and editing xml capacity and work speed to make it more user friendly for my limited amount of available playing time
GtX

Post by GtX »

manosaurus wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm So I’m trying to increase the capacity of the big bag pallets from 8000l to 20,000l. FOR MY USE ONLY. I’ve unzipped changed the xml file to say 20,000l and capacity of 20,000l rezipped it and placed it back in the folder. I open the game up and the numbers on the screen in the store say 20,000l but the pallet only has the original 8000l in it. What did I do wrong or what didn’t I do?
The `capacity` tag in the XML is just to display the store data information in the shop.
With bigBags, pallets and bales the capacity is set directly in the i3d.

You have to options.
Open the i3d in Giants Editor and change the numbers in the `capacity` Attribute.

OR

Open the i3d in a program such as notepad++ and find the user attribute that looks like this

Code: Select all

<Attribute name="capacity" type="integer" value="1000"/>
and change the numbers listed under `value to the amount you desire. (no commas or periods needed).
Save this and test your mod ;-)
GtX :this:

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"A good friend is the friend who can make you laugh."
"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Thank you GtX. I’ll have to try it when I get home this evening. I haven’t messed with i3d files before, but I’ve at least got notepad++ so I’ll try that route first.

Hope you don’t mind me meddling with your mod.
GtX

Post by GtX »

manosaurus wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 pm Thank you GtX. I’ll have to try it when I get home this evening. I haven’t messed with i3d files before, but I’ve at least got notepad++ so I’ll try that route first.

Hope you don’t mind me meddling with your mod.
It is not my mod :-) I am actually not sure what mod you are working with ;-)
End of the day there really is no issue doing personal edits of any mod so you can play the game how you wish. It really only becomes a problem when the edited mod gets re-released all over the internet ;-)

What you are doing is totally fine.. Have fun..
GtX :this:

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"A good friend is the friend who can make you laugh."
"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Success!!!! My farm is now invincible!!!! Lol. Thanks for the help GtX