Changing starting funds for map.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
W1der

Changing starting funds for map.

Post by W1der »

I am looking for how to change the amount of funds you start out with on a map that I am working on in the editor.
As it has only the pick up, for "starting equipment", I want to give the player a bit more money to spend from "day 1".
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
masseyharris

Re: Changing starting funds for map.

Post by masseyharris »

I never could find this. I wanted to start my hard level with just the pickup and a bit more money, but it seems to be set in the code, along with the loan amounts. So instead, I gave the player a pickup and one tractor, which they could then sell and buy cheaper tractor and equipment. The other thing I did was place a load of trees in one field, so these can be cut and sold to make some initial funds.
Hope that helps, but please post if you should find an answer to the actual start funds, that would be good.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have seen a modded map that had a different setting for this.
Can´t remember which one hough.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Rathlin Island you only start with 15K, 1 tractor and 1 ferry.

What is starting money on hard difficulty? 20k?
mikeaust

Post by mikeaust »

You can change the startup money by opening the saved game folder for the map.
Right click on CareerSaveGame and choose Open With-Notepad.
Scroll down to the end of the Filltypes and you will see Money listed.
Change the amount to whatever you want.
Go to File and Save and restart the game and you should have to new amount.
Cheers,
Mike
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Good idea Mike, but I think that the OP means for a map that he's building and wants others to play and start with a different financial situation.

I seem to recall a map where you started with no equipment, no fields, no nothing (maybe a truck) but a bunch of cash so that you could build a farm the way you want. I never played it, but it's a great idea.
Playing on PC
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yes, this is the ort of map I made (I even stripped it from sheds).
I would be happy just to change the loan limit to 1 000 000.

I personally like how they did it in "seasons" ... the more assets you have the bigger the loan you can have (just like in real life).
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

W1der wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:43 pm I am looking for how to change the amount of funds you start out with on a map that I am working on in the editor.
As it has only the pick up, for "starting equipment", I want to give the player a bit more money to spend from "day 1".
You have to use a map.lua. If you download

FS17 HOF BERGMANN

It has a map.lua. Well I should say I think it’s actually called Bergman.lua? I think OakField has a map.lua just can’t remember if it has the money lines in it. Just beware both maps utilize the extra terrain angles. The angles don’t have to be added to your map however the cultivating will act funny if you don’t. I suggest adding it, it’s actually very simple and pretty cool. Google will quickly help you out with the angles. You will also have to do a gdm concert on ur cultivate file. If you have a previous game save you’ll initially get an error however once you save and reopen it will go away. Just be sure you reference the map.lua in ur modDesc.
Hope this helps. There are other cool features of the map.lua like adding customizable spawn icons to ur pda.