Crawler tracks are not moving

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
geonigma

Crawler tracks are not moving

Post by geonigma »

Hi all, has anyone had success with making their own crawler and not an in-game one?

I've been playing around with goofy ideas in order to learn how to make a good mod, and one of the goofy ideas was a battle tank. I've made numerous vehicles with success but I haven't been able to get the tracks on the tank to use the uvOffset and actually do anything. The vehicle moves but the uv textures do not scroll at all.

I copied the ChallengerT800 settings to be sure I did it right, and added the "crawler" specialization and I'm not sure what else is required. No errors show in the logs or gsVehicleAnalyze so I'm sure it's a simple setting somewhere, maybe another specialization?

Here's an image of it in-game, but it doesn't really show that the tracks aren't moving:

And here is the specializations and wheel/crawler config areas:

Code: Select all

<vehicleTypes>
                <type name="maus" className="Vehicle" filename="$dataS/scripts/vehicles/Vehicle.lua">
                    <specialization name="attacherJoints" />
                    <specialization name="lights" />
                    <specialization name="animatedVehicle" />
                    <specialization name="speedRotatingParts" />
                    <specialization name="motorized" />
                    <specialization name="steerable" />
                    <specialization name="drivable" />
                    <specialization name="crawler" />
                    <specialization name="cylindered" />
                    <specialization name="aiVehicle" />
                    <specialization name="bunkerSiloCompacter" />
                    <specialization name="honk" />
                    <specialization name="washable" />
                    <specialization name="mountable" />
                    <specialization name="wheelRotations" />
                </type>
	</vehicleTypes>

Code: Select all

<wheelConfigurations>
        <wheelConfiguration name="$l10n_configuration_valueDefault" price="0">
            <wheels autoRotateBackSpeed="10">
                <wheel rotSpeed="1" restLoad="4.1" repr="0>0|0|0" driveNode="0>0|0|0" radius="0.4" tireType="crawler" forcePointRatio="0.2" initialCompression="37" suspTravel="0.2" spring="47" damper="85" frictionScale="2" mass="0.5" isSynchronized="false" width="1" hasTireTracks="true" tireTrackAtlasIndex="6" hasParticles="true" />
                <wheel rotSpeed="1" restLoad="4.1" repr="0>0|1|0" driveNode="0>0|1|0" radius="0.4" tireType="crawler" forcePointRatio="0.2" initialCompression="37" suspTravel="0.2" spring="47" damper="85" frictionScale="2" mass="0.5" isSynchronized="false" width="1" hasTireTracks="true" tireTrackAtlasIndex="6" hasParticles="true" />
                <wheel rotSpeed="1" restLoad="6.6" repr="0>0|2"                       radius="0.4" tireType="crawler" forcePointRatio="0.3" initialCompression="55" suspTravel="0.2" spring="55" damper="85" frictionScale="2" mass="0.5" isSynchronized="false" />
                <wheel rotSpeed="1" restLoad="6.6" repr="0>0|3"                       radius="0.4" tireType="crawler" forcePointRatio="0.3" initialCompression="55" suspTravel="0.2" spring="55" damper="85" frictionScale="2" mass="0.5" isSynchronized="false" />
            </wheels>
            <crawlers>
                <crawler index="0>9" speedRefNode="0>9" scrollSpeed="-0.1" shaderParameterName="offsetUV" shaderParameterComponent="1" scrollLength="8.9">
                    <rotatingPart index="0>9|0" radius="0.33" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>9|1" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>9|2" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>9|3" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>9|4" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>9|5" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>9|6" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>9|7" radius="0.33" />
                </crawler>
                <crawler index="0>10" speedRefNode="0>10" scrollSpeed="-0.1" shaderParameterName="offsetUV" shaderParameterComponent="1" scrollLength="8.9" >
                    <rotatingPart index="0>10|0" radius="0.33" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>10|1" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>10|2" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>10|3" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>10|4" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>10|5" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>10|6" radius="0.178" />
                    <rotatingPart index="0>10|7" radius="0.33" />
                </crawler>
            </crawlers>
        </wheelConfiguration>
    </wheelConfigurations>
geonigma

Re: Crawler tracks are not moving

Post by geonigma »

So giving up on moving the tracks, I started separating the track wheels and getting them to rotate. Again I find the game incorrectly reads these settings and is only rotating two wheels. I thought maybe it's some hard coded limitation since this game is full of them, but it can't be since the in-game track vehicles have more than two rotating wheels per side. And yet still, no help from log or gsVehicleAnalyze so I'm just bumbling around in the dark here.