Resizing trees?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BigTex114

Resizing trees?

Post by BigTex114 »

If you change the scale of trees in the editor does that impact the game play in terms of forestry? Amount of wood collected from the tree? I've found that if I take a standard Oak tree and fiddle with the x, y and z scales I can make it look just like one of our Texas Live Oaks.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
Dogface

Re: Resizing trees?

Post by Dogface »

That is an interesting question. I have resized trees, but I never compared the sale prices. I resized trees to get landscaping object rather than for forestry. You will get less lumber, but I have seen GE "remember" an objects original size. So, it is not impossible that you get the same sale price. Just try, and find out.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Be careful though, I have changed the scale of trees in the past, and when I cut them with a chainsaw they flew all over the place, so it's worth testing any trees that you change scale on.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

Yep, I tried that, cut the new big tree down with the scorpion, the tree went nuts, turned back into it's original size, but did leave a big stump though.
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

Yep I just tested it. The resized tree reverted to its original form when cut. It did not do anything crazy, though. Left a big stump.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer: