Several Modding Questions

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.

Is there any interest in Short Original music loops for buildings and areas

Poll ended at Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:28 am

1) YES
43%
2) NO
57%

Total votes: 7

crazyfarmer2016

Several Modding Questions

Post by crazyfarmer2016 »

Hello Modders, I have a few questions I may need help with. Here we go

1) As a practice map I want to build a potato themed map, real simple. 3 fields (sm,med lg), farm, storage, sell points etc. In FS15 there was a washer, steamer and a filling station. Has anyone got those working on FS17. I found them but don't even know where to begin converting them if they even can be.

2) In the fields I want to make the tram lines into the map but make unchangeable. Can't be plowed, cultivated, planted. I want to use the Horsch 12m system like described in the video using this process.

3) Anybody know of any potato factories and or placeables I can download or export out of a map.

4) Is there any interest in a pack of 30sec to 1min loop-able original music to attach to buildings or locations. I can write music in different styles for different maps. I have nothing done yet, if there's a interest i'll figure out how to make it available. I don't know if something like that would classify as a Prefab an the modhub or not. I thought of this more so for players that make youtube video's not having to deal with copy-write infringement.

Thanks For your Help
Crazyfarmer

EDIT: #4 - I probably should have put this in another post. To be clear this is music i'm talking about for maps in general, not specifically this one i'm talking about. And this goes for the poll too. Just to clear up any possible confusion
Last edited by crazyfarmer2016 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its official!! I'm addicted to mods :biggrin2: Approx 34Gigs and counting :confusednew:
Goose66

Re: Several Modding Questions

Post by Goose66 »

You can get a potato washer as a mod. Not sure about a steamer but several maps have them.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Check out PC-SG for the potato washer / steamer. Or any of Stevie's recent maps - Beaver Creek or his Cherry Hills update has them.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

1. As wiseguy said, Stevie's map has them.
2. I see what you're trying to do, but you might run into problems with those who use courseplay or if the player doesn't get lined up exactly right using hired workers. Only a problem, really, if they're using the mod that destroys crops when you run over them. I would think that you would just define the the tramlines in GE as non-field areas (if that makes sense.) Then they could be plowed over only with the 'create fields' option of a plow.
3. NF Marsch has a few things I think that you're looking for, (potato washing, potato factory) plus maybe a bit more (there's a LOT on this map):
https://www.modhoster.com/mods/nordfrie ... -4fach-map
4: Only if makes sense. Music in the middle of the woods or a field doesn't make sense to me, but music directly outside a supermarket or sell point might. I would avoid putting it anywhere a player spends a lot of time - the cow or pig barns for example.
Playing on PC
crazyfarmer2016

Thanks Wiseguy49 and hpmc13. I'll have to look into those maps. Thanks again
Its official!! I'm addicted to mods :biggrin2: Approx 34Gigs and counting :confusednew:
crazyfarmer2016

Goose66 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:27 pm You can get a potato washer as a mod. Not sure about a steamer but several maps have them.
Do you remember where you seen it, I have looked but only found the FS15 versions. Thanks again

Crazyfarmer
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

There seems to be a converted version in the Nordfrisische Marsch Map v2.5, as you probably have figured out yourself, the Potato washer aswell as the map is created by german modders, so you will not get that much information with it in english.
I'm not sure, if the potato washer in the map is the same as the original from marhu.net though, if you are able to convert it yourself (fix scripts etc.) there is also a filling station for washed potatos.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

You looking for the steamer, washer and beetpulp machines that you can put in with GE or the placeables? If you want the GE ones, PM me your email and ill send them to you. Theyre for FS17
crazyfarmer2016

Anybody who wanted me to come up with the music can PM me and i'll "try" to write music in any style they wish. Please note that I am not a Professional muscian so don't expect perfection. However I am willing to tweak the music till you like it.

Thanks to all who participated in the poll

Crazyfarmer