How to make multiplayer support for modification?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
АНТИКЛАН

How to make multiplayer support for modification?

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

Hello everybody! :hi:
Can someone, on simple examples, describe in detail the process, how to make multiplayer support for modification, from scratch or give links if such information already exists?
Dogface

Re: How to make multiplayer support for modification?

Post by Dogface »

Are you making a map or a vehicle?
АНТИКЛАН

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

Dogface wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:32 pm Are you making a map or a vehicle?
I have a purely script modification, which modifies some internal game parameters. I would like to understand how to adapt it for multiplayer.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

In the modDesc you could put
<multiplayer supported="true"/>
If that doesn't work I would look at other scripted mods that work in multiplayer and see what they did to get it to work.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
АНТИКЛАН

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

Smith Modding wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:29 pm In the modDesc you could put
<multiplayer supported="true"/>
If that doesn't work I would look at other scripted mods that work in multiplayer and see what they did to get it to work.
Unfortunately, according to the testers with ModHub, it was not enough to include simple support in modDesc.xml. I will try to understand the example of other mods and with the help of the forum through the publication of specific issues. Can someone advise which way to "dig"? :smileynew:
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I would look at seasons and the wood harvester mod, those are pretty heavily scripted and work in mp
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I'm not sure, nor did i ever read something about MP-able scripts, but my guess is, that it must be synchronized (enough to experience a smooth gameplay, not 100% necessary) and use only limited bandwidth (less = better).
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
АНТИКЛАН

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

Smith Modding wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:33 pm I would look at seasons and the wood harvester mod, those are pretty heavily scripted and work in mp
Yes, I also took ready modifications to see how there. There's so much written that you can figure out why and why it's simply unrealistic. Maybe someone has already figured out and can explain the principle more simply and clearly?
juf.de wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:43 pm I'm not sure, nor did i ever read something about MP-able scripts, but my guess is, that it must be synchronized (enough to experience a smooth gameplay, not 100% necessary) and use only limited bandwidth (less = better).
Yes it's all parts of one puzzle, which is not going to be a single whole picture for now.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

There was some auto-load script for FS 13 & 15 and the early days of FS 17 flying around which was not working in MP. Then the UAL script got published, which has full MP support and did basically the same thing, you can start there, in case no one can help youget anyfurther.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
АНТИКЛАН

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

juf.de wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:05 pm There was some auto-load script for FS 13 & 15 and the early days of FS 17 flying around which was not working in MP. Then the UAL script got published, which has full MP support and did basically the same thing, you can start there, in case no one can help youget anyfurther.
Is it possible to specify the name of the script or at least its essence in more detail?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Here are two mods with the scripts, both for FS 15, as opposed to what i wrote above, the old one wasn't converted to FS 17.
Sorry, for not posting them earlier, didn't rememer, where i could find them.

This one should be with the old script, not working in MP:
https://www.modhoster.com/mods/fliegl-d ... defunktion

This is the one working in MP (UAL script):
https://www.modhoster.com/mods/fliegl-d ... l-autoload

Here is a mod with the UAL script from FS 17 in case you didn't find one:
http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... d_id=74990

edit: added link to Fs17 mod
Playing on PC
АНТИКЛАН

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

juf.de wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:24 pm Here are two mods with the scripts, both for FS 15, as opposed to what i wrote above, the old one wasn't converted to FS 17.
Sorry, for not posting them earlier, didn't rememer, where i could find them.

This one should be with the old script, not working in MP:
https://www.modhoster.com/mods/fliegl-d ... defunktion

This is the one working in MP (UAL script):
https://www.modhoster.com/mods/fliegl-d ... l-autoload

Here is a mod with the UAL script from FS 17 in case you didn't find one:
http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... d_id=74990

edit: added link to Fs17 mod
I looked at these modifications. Something there is so incomprehensible. I generally have problems with understanding the code more difficult than video tutorials. I do not know why. This has been going on for many years, although I already learned the theory almost by heart. :neutralnew:
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Several really good examples have been provided, what are you still having difficulty with? It might help if you provide additional information on what it is you are trying to accomplish - What exactly are you trying to achieve with your script? What specific values/parameters are you trying to modify?

How much time/effort are you willing/able to invest into figuring this out? At first glance, I get the impression that the answer is "little/none". Do you understand the contradictory nature of your last statement? On one hand you say you have difficulty understanding code, but then on the other you say you have "learned the theory by heart"? Yes, there is something to be said about the differences in "understanding" theory, vice the application thereof, but they often go hand-in-hand. You can't "fully" understand theory without being able to apply it, and v/v.

It is beginning to sound more and more like you just want someone to do the work for you (apologies if this is not the case). Or maybe you do not understand the code employed as well as you think you do? Nothing wrong with not knowing everything, just trying to help you by finding the true root of your issues.
АНТИКЛАН

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

cmdrbyron wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:53 pm Several really good examples have been provided, what are you still having difficulty with? It might help if you provide additional information on what it is you are trying to accomplish - What exactly are you trying to achieve with your script? What specific values/parameters are you trying to modify?

How much time/effort are you willing/able to invest into figuring this out? At first glance, I get the impression that the answer is "little/none". Do you understand the contradictory nature of your last statement? On one hand you say you have difficulty understanding code, but then on the other you say you have "learned the theory by heart"? Yes, there is something to be said about the differences in "understanding" theory, vice the application thereof, but they often go hand-in-hand. You can't "fully" understand theory without being able to apply it, and v/v.

It is beginning to sound more and more like you just want someone to do the work for you (apologies if this is not the case). Or maybe you do not understand the code employed as well as you think you do? Nothing wrong with not knowing everything, just trying to help you by finding the true root of your issues.
I'm not asking for something to do for me. I think it's nice to flee to the forum for every reason, and then wait for the answer? Yes, the theory I know perfectly, I immediately see where the cycle, where the condition, where the function. So what? It does not help me at all. I looked at these modifications. I saw there again conditions, cycles, functions. So what? I did not say anything. I do not know how you write modifications of any complexity.