New Holland Addition

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
thewarrior

New Holland Addition

Post by thewarrior »

I think it would be great if the New Holland TV series tractors (such as the TV6070) was added to Farming simulator. I know that there are bidirectional tractors out there, but these can have front end loaders directly attached to the rear, and they are articulated. I see them more as a utility tractor more than a field tractor, but of course they excel as both. Thoughts?
parad0x177

Re: New Holland Addition

Post by parad0x177 »

It would certainly be novel. But, I’m not sure they would really be particularly good as utility tractors. At first blush, they seem like a solution in search of a problem to me. They would seem to give up a number of rather useful qualities (readily accessible 3-point on the back, for one) in an attempt to gain some of the inherent advantages of more specialized equipment (like stability and maneuverability of a dedicated loader or telehandler), all while not managing to be as good as either category at any one function.

All that said, if you are proposing to make one, I’d certainly try one out! *thumbsup*

Oh and this topic might be better placed in the General Discussion section, but I’m sure a Moderator will be along and make that call shortly! :hmm:
thewarrior

Re: New Holland Addition

Post by thewarrior »

What's your point? There are plenty of Bi-directional tractors, all of which have 3 pt. hitches and hydrolics. There is even a mod that let's you use a front loader on the 3 pt. The problem with that though, is that it's too low for reaching over things. The other thing, is that all the tractors already available aren't articulated. As for making one myself: I would love to, but I don't have time to learn how, and build one!