What conditions are necessary for the mod to switch from a beta status to a status release?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
АНТИКЛАН

What conditions are necessary for the mod to switch from a beta status to a status release?

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

Hello everybody! :hi:
Who knows? What conditions are necessary for the mod to switch from a beta status to a status release? Is there any official, public document describing these conditions? Share a link please.
juf.de

Re: What conditions are necessary for the mod to switch from a beta status to a status release?

Post by juf.de »

create an account on the official mod hub, there is some help regarding this topic
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
mcatalyst

Re: What conditions are necessary for the mod to switch from a beta status to a status release?

Post by mcatalyst »

The only time I had that happen is when all textures are formatted correctly such as DXT5 instead of DXT3 and only having DXT1 when there isn't transparency needed.

Basically everything that would make the mod qualify for console support. However mods that are not able to go to console because of scripts could still get the non-beta version as long as it's optimized properly.

I never found any documentation regarding exactly that but that is my experience. When submitting the mod in the notes ask for it to be tested for non-beta or console support and more detailed testing would be added since it made it to beta status.

(Note: I've only submitted map mods up to now.)
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
АНТИКЛАН

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

juf.de wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:11 pm create an account on the official mod hub, there is some help regarding this topic
Thanks for your reply. This I already did and even published my first mod. :biggrin2: I'll try to find more information on ModHub. Maybe I missed something.
mcatalyst wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:17 pm The only time I had that happen is when all textures are formatted correctly such as DXT5 instead of DXT3 and only having DXT1 when there isn't transparency needed.

Basically everything that would make the mod qualify for console support. However mods that are not able to go to console because of scripts could still get the non-beta version as long as it's optimized properly.

I never found any documentation regarding exactly that but that is my experience. When submitting the mod in the notes ask for it to be tested for non-beta or console support and more detailed testing would be added since it made it to beta status.

(Note: I've only submitted map mods up to now.)
Thanks for the valuable advice. I'll try to ask to test support for a non-beta version.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Ah i forgot something, i just got back into FS17 recentrly, but when i played it last, about a year ago the thing with non beta was, that the modder had to publish at least 3 mods which pass the testing, as i'm no modder myself (except some small changes for my own fun) i do have no further insigth in this process.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

АНТИКЛАН wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:36 pm This I already did and even published my first mod. :biggrin2:
Loan Limit - Mod increases the maximum loan amount in the game to 1 000 000 units of game currency.
Author АНТИКЛАН
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017
АНТИКЛАН

Post by АНТИКЛАН »

juf.de wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:46 pm Ah i forgot something, i just got back into FS17 recentrly, but when i played it last, about a year ago the thing with non beta was, that the modder had to publish at least 3 mods which pass the testing, as i'm no modder myself (except some small changes for my own fun) i do have no further insigth in this process.
Yes you are right. Today I appealed to the support and I got the answer that the issue of assigning modifications to the release status will be considered after the publication of my three mods in which there will be no errors.
Dogface wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:00 pm
АНТИКЛАН wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:36 pm This I already did and even published my first mod. :biggrin2:
Loan Limit - Mod increases the maximum loan amount in the game to 1 000 000 units of game currency.
Author АНТИКЛАН
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017
Yes Yes Yes! It is he! :biggrin2: