Modding water trailer for telehandler

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Snarfster42

Modding water trailer for telehandler

Post by Snarfster42 »

Hello all,

I've been trying to change either the water trailer or the telehandler so I can use the two together.

A lot of Google and a lot of manual editing later I am completely stumped. I've compaired trailers that do connect with the telehandler with the Joskin water trailer, I can't seem to find any significant differences in the XML.

Likewise, I've compaired vehicles that accept the Joskin with the various telehandlers and also can't find significant differences.

Does anyone have an idea what I am missing? The only thing I've noticed is that the "eye" for the Joskin seems to sit below the attachment on the telehandler. Is that the issue?

Basically my first goal was to edit the XML to "make it work" and then roll it into a mod that modifies the stock vehicle, either telehandler or water trailer.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Snarfster
hpmc13

Re: Modding water trailer for telehandler

Post by hpmc13 »

I'm pretty sure that the jointType of the telehander needs to match that of the water trailer. They both should be "trailer" or "trailerLow" I seem to recall changing that for a tipper in order to get it to work.
Playing on PC
TSM

Post by TSM »

hpmc13 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:52 pm I'm pretty sure that the jointType of the telehander needs to match that of the water trailer. They both should be "trailer" or "trailerLow" I seem to recall changing that for a tipper in order to get it to work.
as hpmc13 said

if your hoping to tow the water trailer with a telehandler then its the telehandler that needs modding.

Check to see what attacher type trailer has trailer or trailer low, and that is what the telehandler will need to have edited to tow it, I hope this makes sense.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Actually, you can just add the second attacher type to the telehandler, this way you will still be able to use it for trailers with the original attacher type.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Snarfster42

Post by Snarfster42 »

The funny thing is that they both have the "Trailer" attachment. I can attach the trailer to the lizard pickup but not to the telehandler. As far as I can see, the attachment node descriptions are just about the same.
I did add the trailer low node to it, but that seems to be for the ball hitch attachment.

I'll look up the relevant XML when I get home tonight and add it to the post.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

What are you trying to do? The stock Joskins water trailer fits on all of the stock telehandlers.
Snarfster42

Post by Snarfster42 »

Thank you! You gave me the idea to turn off all mods and try it out. (Something I should have done right away). And the darn thing works. After some messing about, I now realize it's the MR mod that messes it up.
Snarfster42

Post by Snarfster42 »

And after a little more digging, MR modifies the Josking trailer to a trailerLow hitch, essentially making it incompatible with the stock telehandler...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Dogface, much appreciated!
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

No problem, glad to help.
Snarfster42

Post by Snarfster42 »

In the end I modded the mod, for personal use, of course.