Modding Old FS15 Map - Need Help!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
OcculousRift

Modding Old FS15 Map - Need Help!

Post by OcculousRift »

I have been trying for days now to edit the Ringwoods v5 Map by Stevie for Farming Simulator 15. All I want to do is remove a bunch of trees that surround pretty much every field. For about 3 days I was trying different things trying to just get the Ringwoods.i3D file to open in Giants Editor. I tried using all versions I could find and what eventually worked was uninstalling all of them and installing the version that came with Farming SImulator 15 which was version 6.0.3 found in the sdk file in SteamApps>common>Farming Simulator 15>sdk. That was yesterday and while I had the map pulled up in the editor, I removed all the trees I was planning to remove so I saved the i3D file and placed it back in the modded map folder and then put that zip file into my mods folder. I open the game assuming I would have to start a new game, which is fine, so I did. About 15-30 seconds go by and the game freezes and the hour glass in the bottom left stops. It eventually crashes, or I click on the game so my mouse is focused on it, and then it crashes. Fast forward to now, where I am trying to edit the map again, with a backup version that I never touched, so I can try again with a clean version of the map that I know works and then delete the trees ONLY and try again. But now I'm having the same issue again even though I never changed anything. Giants Editor 6.0.3 no longer works to open the map and it crashes every time I try to open it. What the hell is going on with Giants Editor? I know a decent amount about basic modding/editing files/file locations etc. Not sure why deleting trees and starting a new save would cause a crash. Not sure why the same version of the editor on 2 separate days would cause issues one day and not another when nothing else changed. I love this map and would love to tweak it just a bit for my own play through so I am committed to fixing this and would appreciate any guidance in the right direction. Thanks!