Quick Giants Editor Question

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
OcculousRift

Quick Giants Editor Question

Post by OcculousRift »

How is the Giants Editor for FS17? because the FS15 Giants Editor is complete DOO-DOO!!!!! I have had non stop issues for 3-4 days just trying to open a map in the editor. I eventually got to load and I edited it and now it is being moody again and won't let me edit the map again even though I changed nothing with the program. Has GIANTS made any pushes in technology for their map editor it seems like it is from the 90s with how many issues I am having with very simple tasks.
W1der

Re: Quick Giants Editor Question

Post by W1der »

I have had no "tech issues"... might have crashed 1 time over 300 hours of usage, creating a map for FS17.

This is the only "editor" I have ever used so I have no opinion on the "design" and I only touch the "basic stuff".
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
OcculousRift

Post by OcculousRift »

So Giants Editor version 7 and up is okay? I can't even load maps with version 6.0.3 or 6.0.5. Actually 6.0.5 shows up as 6.0.4 when I open a map file. I have the hardware to run it so it makes no sense to me why I'm having such issues.
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

I'm using 7.1 and I'm having no technical problems at all. I've opened numerous maps and I'm building and editing my new map without difficulty.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

You probably can't open fs17 maps on older GE versions.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<