Attention map makers - Seasons & Additional Map Types

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
theSeb

Attention map makers - Seasons & Additional Map Types

Post by theSeb »

I've seen quite a few maps using AdditionalMapTypes to add fruit with the fruit values not set up correctly. This does not usually break the vanilla game, apart from the fact that fruits can only be harvestable on the first two harvesting states and will never reach the final state, but with Seasons it can make the fruits you added not harvestable. This is especially important if your map does not include custom growth, because then the additional fruits that you added follow barley's growth. Therefore, the values for minHarvestingGrowthState and maxHarvestingGrowthState must be set to the same values as they are in the base game.

Unfortunately, the default values that are commented out at the top of the script are not correct and I see many people relying on these values.

An example:

Code: Select all

<fruitType name="oat" ...some stuff...minHarvestingGrowthState="5" maxHarvestingGrowthState="7" cutState="8" ..some other stuff... />
This looks correct at a glance since crops like canola, barley and wheat are harvestable between from state 5 to 7. However, if you print out the FruitUtil tables in the game, you will see that minHarvestingGrowthState for those 3 crops is set to 4 and maxHarvestingGrowthState is set to 6. This is because the check for being able to harvest does a greater than comparison. Therefore this equates to minHarvestingGrowthState being 5 and maxHarvestingGrowthState being 7. When you set them to 5 and 7 this messes up the additional fruits in Seasons, because Seasons only allows harvesting at the max state. When maxHarvestingGrowthState set to 7, the actual harvestable state is 8, which is the withered state.

Here is a print out of the values for wheat in the base game

Code: Select all

[1] => table: 0x01faa6d3f030 {
                                   [cutState] => 8
                                   [maxHarvestingGrowthState] => 6
                                   [windrowLiterPerSqm] => 7
                                   [alignsToSun] => false
                                   [shownOnMap] => true
                                   [forageWagonConversionSources] => table: 0x01faa86e6ac8 {
                                                                       [2] => 2
                                                                     }
                                   [needsSeeding] => true
                                   [directionSnapAngle] => 0
                                   [minHarvestingGrowthState] => 4
                                   [minForageGrowthState] => 3
                                   [literPerSqm] => 0.89
                                   [seedUsagePerSqm] => 0.05
                                   [minPreparingGrowthState] => -1
                                   [windrowName] => "straw"
                                   [useForFieldJob] => true
                                   [useSeedingWidth] => false
                                   [preparedGrowthState] => -1
                                   [index] => 1
                                   [allowsPartialGrowthState] => false
                                   [allowsSeeding] => true
                                   [hasWindrow] => true
                                   [name] => "wheat"
                                   [maxPreparingGrowthState] => -1
                                 }

Acebladz86

Re: Attention map makers - Seasons & Additional Map Types

Post by Acebladz86 »

Hi the Seb,just wanted to know something,it's mainly to do with sesaons,my brother is redoing a map called KavKaz or gifts of the caucas so it resembles our local area,he's done it previously for FS2013 and since upgraded to FS17 cause of all the features and he's also done the animals to realistic values and since i've installed seasons (snowmask mainly) he's encountered a small issue,when it is snowing or after it has snowed it's leaving small squares in the snow and silage seems to be mixed too,it's like a slige pit that exploded but could to with the mask could be too close to pit too,i dunno,anyway's i'm thinking more of it and i'm thinking it's the map itself cause of all the scripts it has,he mainly chose kavkaz cause it has carrots,onions,sand,gravel and concrete.
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

So if I am reading this correctly, in order to fix this issue the minHarvestingGrowthState needs to be set to 4 and the maxHarvestingGrowthState needs to be set to 6. Correct?
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

leifege640 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:52 pm So if I am reading this correctly, in order to fix this issue the minHarvestingGrowthState needs to be set to 4 and the maxHarvestingGrowthState needs to be set to 6. Correct?
Yup. That is correct.