How to Rename PDA Icons?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BigTex114

How to Rename PDA Icons?

Post by BigTex114 »

I'm customizing a map and I've successfully located and moved the pda icons for the hotspots.... cow, sheep, shop, etc. I found these all in the map01.xml file. But I've got a couple icons on my pda that aren't located in the map.xml. One is Gas Station. Another is an unloading trigger point that I imported from another map. It still has the original farm's name associated with it and for the life of me I can't track down where the icon or this name are located. I've searched the i3d files and every file I can think of. I'm sure it's an easy answer. Help?
Last edited by BigTex114 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
mcatalyst

Re: Problem with PDA Icons

Post by mcatalyst »

There should be a node called Icon inside the trigger node as far as where the "visit" icon position should be. The name of the sell point is a pre-defined name based on the map01.xml array name such as "FARMER_1" or something like that. Check the Emerald Valley map, I have those set correct in there so you can find an example. :)
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
W1der

Post by W1der »

This tutorial helped me figure it out ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vetjZqo9aXM
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

mcatalyst wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 pm There should be a node called Icon inside the trigger node as far as where the "visit" icon position should be. The name of the sell point is a pre-defined name based on the map01.xml array name such as "FARMER_1" or something like that. Check the Emerald Valley map, I have those set correct in there so you can find an example. :)
I'm a little lost here since I don't know what you mean by "node." Are you talking about something in the i3d file or the xml? And I'm still not certain where the sell point name is defined. I see FARMER_1 and other names in the map01.xml. Is there another file other than the map01.xml I need to look at?

Meanwhile, I will look at Emerald Valley. I don't have that mod installed yet.

Thanks for the response.
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

W1der wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:12 pm This tutorial helped me figure it out ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vetjZqo9aXM
Yes I've done that tutorial. It covers the basics of moving the icons. But it assumes you've already got the icons with their proper names set up in the xml. Do you know how to change the visible name of a sell point associated with an icon?

For instance in Goldcrest there is a sell point called "Gomez Ridge Acres." I can't for the life of me find where that name is defined.

Thanks.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

Thanks. There was no "stationName" in attributes so I created one and it didn't change anything.
Samira

Re: How to Rename PDA Icons?

Post by Samira »

You also added an l10n entry for that stationName in the ModDesc.xml ? If not then thats the case