McHale 998 with CoursePlay?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Hairy Bob

McHale 998 with CoursePlay?

Post by Hairy Bob »

Found this mod of a McHale 998 on the usual suspect sites https://fs17.lt/mchale-998-v-1-1/ , my Google-fu is letting me down on finding an original link.
It works well, the animation isn't the best, but it's ok. I can't get it to auto-unload with CoursePlay though, has anyone had any success with this?
I've got Decker's auto unload for round balers (which works for wrappers too) and CoursePlay generally handles round bale wrappers without fuss, but with this one it's not unloading the wrapped bale.
I also tried Follow me, as ISTR that working on round balers and wrappers, but no joy.
I've looked at Decker's code and it looks for the specialization "BaleWrapper". The McHale mod only has the specialization "McHale 998". I changed it to BaleWrapper, which gives the error message "The vehicle/tool could not be purchased. Please try again." when I try to buy it.
Tried adding BaleWrapper to the McHale's XML, same results.
Tried copy-pasting the specializations line with BaleWrapper in, changing it to Mchale998 (with the same format as the wrapper's moddesc) in the auto unload script and that doesn't work either.
I'm stuck for what to do next, any other ideas I could try? This is about as far as I've got tinkering with mods, be gentle!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Hairy Bob

Re: McHale 998 with CoursePlay?

Post by Hairy Bob »

Just to add I've been testing it on a fresh save on GCV, no mods except CoursePlay, follow me, auto unload for round balers, the McHale wrapper and creator tools (to cheat the money in) to rule out conflicts.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc