rim color won't change

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
scaniafreak

rim color won't change

Post by scaniafreak »

Dear fellow farming simulator fans,

I'm working on a mod. Its a Scania which i've done some modifications to.
However, the Original mod i used, the Scania has the same rim color as the base color. It goes automatic. So if i choose white as base color, the rims are also white, etc. See the attached screenshot:

Now i want the rim color to be selectable. I have already inserted the following code in the vehicle's xml file:

<rimColorConfigurations useDefaultColors="true" price="100" icon="$dataS2/menu/hud/configurations/config_rimColor.png">
<rimColorConfiguration color="0.294 0.294 0.294 1" />
<colorNode node="0>0" />
</rimColorConfigurations>

In game, now i get a nice select box were i can choose the rim color, however, the actual rim color is still the same as the base color.
I also looked in giants editor in the material properties. But that's too advanced for me yet. The rim material is as following:

What do i have to do more to make it work?
Thanks in advance.
anonymouz

Re: rim color won't change

Post by anonymouz »

OMG, my Console-Eyes are bleeding Tears of Pain.. :(
Sry, but had to leave this here.

As a Non-Modder, i would say, didnt you have something to delete in the Scripts than just adding your Code?
I mean, there must be still a Code-Snippet for the automatic Rim-Color, after all it doesnt seems to be a vanilla code.
Maybe you should compare the relevant Scripts with the regular/vanilla Scripts about Rim-Colors.

Good Luck
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]:
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

There might still be some code in the main paint code that paints the wheels. Probably can't have them both.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

is the node set to the rims?

Code: Select all

<colorNode node="0>0" />
the code is different for GE models versus calling base game objects. Look at the Branter trailer, which has both.
scaniafreak

Post by scaniafreak »

Thanks for the reactions. Really appriciate it.

Regarding the scripts mentioned. The mod does not contain a script folder, nor other lua scripts. Only a FAfix.lua script for the lightaddon mod. But thats not interfering.
I looked at the Branter trailer. That one has 0>0|0 as node. I tried that one, but without success. The rim color still stays the same as the base color.

Also one difference between the ingame models with changeble rim colors and the mod is that the ingame models have no wheels in GE, were as the Scania has already wheels in GE.
Don't know if that makes a huge difference for the places were the colors are set.
TSM

Post by TSM »

needs to be the node of the rim itself and the rim has to have recolour option as part of the specular texture.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

scaniafreak wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:29 am I looked at the Branter trailer. That one has 0>0|0 as node. I tried that one, but without success.
The node is the location of the rim, it will be different in every mod. It can be found in the "Attributes" Window in GE.
scaniafreak

Post by scaniafreak »

I've edited the XML a bit. It's now like this:
<rimColorConfigurations useDefaultColors="true" price="200" icon="$dataS2/menu/hud/configurations/config_rimColor.png">
<rimColorConfiguration color="0.294 0.294 0.294 1" />
<colorNode node="0>0|0|0|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|1|0|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|2|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|3|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|4|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|5|0|0" />

I've included now all the index paths of all rims.
Unfortunately the rim color is still the same as the base color, so i guess the specular texture is not recolorable.
Since i'm a real noob regarding texutures and specular, etc. Could you explain to me how i can see if a specular texture is recolorable, and if not, how i can make it recolorable?

Thanks a lot!
TSM

Post by TSM »

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

^^Nice link
scaniafreak

Post by scaniafreak »

Thanks for the link. Can come in handy :)
I followed the steps described in the article, but unfortunately only a minor change. The rims are now white instead of chrome/colored.
I also downloaded another mod with colored rims, and compared the xml config. Made some small changes to the index paths of the rims, but to no avail :(.

Since i really don't know anymore were to look, i've included the download link of the Original mod which i'm adjusting. If some of you have time and want to try, feel free to see if you are succesfull changing the config to selectable color rims:

http://www.fs17.co/farming-simulator-20 ... old-school

Anyway i really appriciate the effort.
Thanks a lot.
scaniafreak

Post by scaniafreak »

So i've made some small progress:

I discoved that the index path of the rims were also in the base color configuration.
After removing them from the base color configuration, the rims do color. They turn red, whatever color you choose. So the texture for the rims seems recolorable.

my rim color configuration is:

<rimColorConfigurations useDefaultColors="true" price="200" icon="$dataS2/menu/hud/configurations/config_rimColor.png">
<rimColorConfiguration color="0 0 0 1" />
<colorNode node="0>0|0|0|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|1|0|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|2|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|3|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|4|0|0" />
<colorNode node="0>0|5|0|0" />

Any idea's why the rims turn red whatever color you choose?