Grass not showing up ingame

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
jodev

Grass not showing up ingame

Post by jodev »

Hi,I've run into a small snag in my map-making learning adventure. I've added some grass foliage to my map (grass, channels 1+6). It shows up just as I would expect within the editor. When I go ingame however, none of the grass shows up. I've tried using both the grass texture layer and no texture layer selected. Reference images here: https://imgur.com/a/XPiSgeY. Googling didn't really yield any useful results unfortunately. Any ideas what might be causing this and how I would go about fixing it?

Thanks!
juf.de

Re: Grass not showing up ingame

Post by juf.de »

This looks like you used an existing savegame to test it ingame. Always start a new savegame (and don't save it), when building you map
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
jodev

Post by jodev »

Yup, starting a new save game did indeed do the trick. Thank you so much!
Samira

Post by Samira »

Its for everything in this Game, if something is strange, try new game, try without mods, try standard maps. with these in you mind, you can solve so much things in this game :p
jodev

Post by jodev »

I'm starting to grasp that, yes. I'll just stick with a new game from this point on instead of saving at all. Small steps, but it's a learning experience. :)
Samira

Post by Samira »

For Testing things in a modified Map you can use from the ModHub the Mod Creator Tools, it will allow you to change Camera, give you Money to let you Buy stuff to test etc. etc.
Very handy in my opinion for all the new savegames :D
jodev

Post by jodev »

I am familiar with that mod. And I do use it while testing. I also like to add the player speed mod though, as it is a bit easier to change the player speed on-the-fly than the Creator Tools setting.
Samira

Post by Samira »

True yeah, btw. the new Creator Tool can change Field stuff, if youre not at the last version ^^