Why does a placeable go white?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BigTex114

Why does a placeable go white?

Post by BigTex114 »

So this has happened before and I never really figured it out. I'm starting a new map and got all the roads laid yesterday. Today I was importing some random objects then when I went to test the map my roads had gone white. I'm pretty certain that I didn't modify or delete any files in my roads directory. What would have caused this? I've replaced the i3d and texture files and now when I import a new road it shows up fine. But the original ones are still white.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
Samira

Re: Why does a placeable go white?

Post by Samira »

you imported them from another folder (like desktop, etc.) instead of the map folder? that is often the case for white objects, cuz it looks for a different path then. maybe thats your case here.
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

They're in the game mod directory structure in a folder I name placeables. They were in that folder when I imported into the editor and they worked fine until this afternoon. The path didn't change. Something must have changed but I can't figure out what.
Garion

Post by Garion »

Check your log to see what path the game is reading. Your white objects will have an error for the textures missing. You will have to either A.) Change the file paths in the i3D or B.) Delete the white roads and replace them with the working roads you imported later.

Edit: I forgot to mention, in order to change your file path you have to see where exactly the texture files are located and match the path to that folder.
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

Well I was replacing the bad roads with newly imported good roads and very shortly into the process all my white roads got their texture back. I didn't change any path names so I can only guess I had somehow deleted or corrupted a texture file and restored it while importing the roads again. But I'm really not sure what happened or how it happened.