Editor: FOLIAGE DENSITY

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
MrHector

Editor: FOLIAGE DENSITY

Post by MrHector »

Hi.
Can i somehow change the foliage density in editor?

In editor the grass for example look like this:

which looks just fine, no clipping through sidewalk over there.
But then ingame when i set the higher foliage density (using max - 150%) it looks like this:

which does not look good, so i want to adjust it in editor.
juf.de

Re: Editor: FOLIAGE DENSITY

Post by juf.de »

The grass in the first picture looks like it's not fully grown, make sure, you hit bit 1 and 6 for fully grown grass.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Samira

Post by Samira »

If i do painting the foliage i keep a space between the streets or paths and the foliage.
till now its the best way for me to avoid this what you posted in the second screen (even with bit 1 and 6 for fully grown grass)
MrHector

Post by MrHector »

juf.de wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:22 pm The grass in the first picture looks like it's not fully grown, make sure, you hit bit 1 and 6 for fully grown grass.
Grass is fully grown just took the picture from a larger distance.
Always using these bits...

In editor there is density 100% i think or less so you can not see the bits of grass that will appear when you increase the density in game (i am using 150%)
W1der

Post by W1der »

I noticed that "painting the grass" in the editor does not match the result you get when you go inside the game.
It´s a bit of a pain and a lot of hassle to get it right if you are bothered with details like this.

When playing on modded maps where the creator did not pay attention to this one could use the "roller" to adjust it within the save game.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Another option: put a thin strip of gravel or dirt alongside the road like you might see in real life.
Then add your grass texture next to that. Before you start to paint you grass foliage, look in the Foliage Layer Painting panel and you'll see Texture Layer. Change that to grass. That will only allow you to put grass foliage on top of the grass texture and nothing else.