FDR Logging - Jade Mountain Map

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mcatalyst

FDR Logging - Jade Mountain Map

Post by mcatalyst »

There have been a ton of requests for this map to hit console.

I've talked with FDR and the plan going forward is to convert new stuff first before doing updates to previous maps. So for now the large update for Pacific Inlet is on hold until the pending maps are converted.

The conversion process for Jade Mountain:
1) Clean up the files so there are not multiple files for the same thing such as shaders.
2) Adjust texture files for dxt5 instead of dxt3.
3) Add missing shaders.
4) Fix floating trees.
5) Add Seasons support for frosted trees and snow mask.
6) Change the preview loading screen to remove the FDR logo. (required by Giants, would rather not.)
7) Adjust modDesc.xml with new version/title/descriptions.
(leaving the PDA as is because creating a zoomed-in version like emerald valley is time consuming.)

There may be other smaller things I can't think of right now but they probably won't take long. Buy/Sell icons for instance.

I plan to have this map uploaded on Monday so Giants can start testing for console.

Cheers!
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
BobcatLogger

Re: FDR Logging - Jade Mountain Map

Post by BobcatLogger »

Can you give a list of the maps to be converted over to console? Hate that inlet got pushed back but Jade is a nice map. I've played on it some on PC.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Jade Mountain, Kodiac River, Frostline Ridge and Timber Trail Canyon in that order.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

:frown: No!!! This aint fair!!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

TacoFarmer wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:23 am :frown: No!!! This aint fair!!!
I'll work on the PI update while one of the maps is in testing so it's still making progress instead of stalled. There is just so much to do in it and the other new maps are so much faster to convert since they are mostly based off emerald valley. I'm not adding anything extra to them for the first version at least, just straight logging maps which makes the conversion easier.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

What's going to happen with the cut blocks? Will the still be on the maps?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:27 pm What's going to happen with the cut blocks? Will the still be on the maps?
The new maps already have them in place. I'll be adding them to PI. Also (not that it matters for console) but I'm not making the treeMarker mod fully compatible with the textures of the trees. It will still technically work but the textures of the trees are different and I don't want to change the look of the trees that FDR wants. Such as on Jade Mountain the trees are darker colored and when the tree marker is activated it replaces the tree with it's own lighter colored one (default goldcrest tree) so you end up with lighter branches.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:22 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:23 am :frown: No!!! This aint fair!!!
I'll work on the PI update while one of the maps is in testing so it's still making progress instead of stalled. There is just so much to do in it and the other new maps are so much faster to convert since they are mostly based off emerald valley. I'm not adding anything extra to them for the first version at least, just straight logging maps which makes the conversion easier.
Take your time,we appreciate what yall guys(all modders/mappers) do.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

First off, thank you so much for working so hard on these maps and trying to make console players happy even if some people can be real pains. Lol. Anyway, I know you said all new maps have the cut blocks, but I just wanted to verify cause I could not find out myself from watching videos. Does Jade Mountain have cut blocks put in already? Thank you again @mcatalyst
Legion Hills Logging on PC
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Kruelkamo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:30 pm First off, thank you so much for working so hard on these maps and trying to make console players happy even if some people can be real pains. Lol. Anyway, I know you said all new maps have the cut blocks, but I just wanted to verify cause I could not find out myself from watching videos. Does Jade Mountain have cut blocks put in already? Thank you again @mcatalyst
Thank you. Every map going forward will have cut blocks. When I get around to finishing updates of old maps they will also have them added. The newest maps starting with Jade Mountain already have cut blocks in them from FDR.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

About 80% done with Jade Mountain at the moment. Got busy with RL stuff this weekend so didn't have much time for it. Should be pretty close to done by the end of the week.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Very nice! Sounds awesome man. Can’t wait to play on more of y’all’s maps! Y’all do such a great job at making the maps challenging yet fun! Good luck on Jade Mountain and I look forward to playing on it
Legion Hills Logging on PC
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Will you be working any of your magic on Jade or will it just be was was released for PC just optimized for consoles?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:19 am Will you be working any of your magic on Jade or will it just be was was released for PC just optimized for consoles?
Adjusted a few trees so they are not in rocks. Replacing the water plane so it can have ice lakes in winter, adding snow mask where needed and adding frosted trees in winter. Also removing the green building in the back of the mill because that building had too many issues. Adding more wood storage as a replacement. No major changes otherwise.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Thanks, will it be logging only or will you add in the sell point like you did on sm,ev and pi? Doesn't matter to me really I only log but was wondering if those buildings would be around. I really like the new saw mill. Would it be possible to get the mill as a placeable?