Change hitch type or add a hitch to a mod rear or front

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
liquidxlax

Change hitch type or add a hitch to a mod rear or front

Post by liquidxlax »

Hello,

I've been playing farming sim for a long time, but farming simulator 2017 is the first one I've played. I have been looking for a specific type of tipper/auger wagon or a way which I can take an existing mod and change it to meet my wants/needs. I am looking for a tipper which has a rear drawbar hitch with a BALL at the rear so i can attach a dolly EA or anything else which needs the ball hitch. I don't know if the tipper needs to be graphically correct to do this, but I did look through all the files within a couple tipper mods and typed hitch or bar in hopes that it might have been that easy :lol:

If anyone could tell me how to modify a mod or if there is a mod which exists like that could someone please show me. I don't care if the hitch is even invisible as it would be for my use only because if I am unable to find one I don't think anyone else really wants it.

Thank you very much
Alagos

Re: Change hitch type or add a hitch to a mod rear or front

Post by Alagos »

So you play on PC? ^^
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
liquidxlax

Post by liquidxlax »

yes I do, did I accidentally post on the wrong board?
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

No, you are in the right place. He was asking because if you are on console you cannot mod.

Changing the attachment joint is not too hard.

You will need Notepad++
  • Find a tipper mod that has a rear hitch
  • unzip the mod
  • Open the xml file in Notepad++
  • Find the lines for <attacherJoints>
  • Find jointType and change it to:

Code: Select all

jointType="trailerLow"
  • Save and Zip
the trailer should now hook up to the dolly
liquidxlax

Post by liquidxlax »

Dogface wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:08 pm No, you are in the right place. He was asking because if you are on console you cannot mod.

Changing the attachment joint is not too hard.

You will need Notepad++
  • Find a tipper mod that has a rear hitch
  • unzip the mod
  • Open the xml file in Notepad++
  • Find the lines for <attacherJoints>
  • Find jointType and change it to:

jointType="trailerLow"
  • Save and Zip
the trailer should now hook up to the dolly
Okay, I understand and see what to do, but I am still having some problems. I'm guessing that hitches have to be within a height range to be compatible with each other regardless if the hitches can mate or not. So, I guess that adds one more question. If I find a tipper that could have its hitch range increased without causing problems, how would I go about doing that?
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

liquidxlax wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 pm Okay, I understand and see what to do, but I am still having some problems. I'm guessing that hitches have to be within a height range to be compatible with each other regardless if the hitches can mate or not. So, I guess that adds one more question. If I find a tipper that could have its hitch range increased without causing problems, how would I go about doing that?
Giants Editor
liquidxlax

Post by liquidxlax »

Dogface wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:16 pm
liquidxlax wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 pm Okay, I understand and see what to do, but I am still having some problems. I'm guessing that hitches have to be within a height range to be compatible with each other regardless if the hitches can mate or not. So, I guess that adds one more question. If I find a tipper that could have its hitch range increased without causing problems, how would I go about doing that?
Giants Editor
Dang, I thought maybe those numbers which were in the:

<attacherJoint index="0>7|3|0" jointType="trailerLow" lowerRotLimit="10 80 80" upperRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" canTurnOnImplement="false" >
<schema position="0.5 0" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
</attacherJoint>

Thanks for the help, but I don't think I am smart enough with modding and computers to figure it out. If I can find a mod that fits my needs I at least know how to change the mod to meet my needs for the hitch type. I may try to learn how to do it cause I'd like and auger trailer which could transport/blow grain to the trailer behind it as well as the auger trailer having a hitch of some sort. Kind of surprised a mod like that doesn't exist
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

liquidxlax wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:59 am
Dogface wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:16 pm
Giants Editor
Dang, I thought maybe those numbers which were in the:

<attacherJoint index="0>7|3|0" jointType="trailerLow" lowerRotLimit="10 80 80" upperRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" canTurnOnImplement="false" >
<schema position="0.5 0" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
</attacherJoint>

Thanks for the help, but I don't think I am smart enough with modding and computers to figure it out. If I can find a mod that fits my needs I at least know how to change the mod to meet my needs for the hitch type. I may try to learn how to do it cause I'd like and auger trailer which could transport/blow grain to the trailer behind it as well as the auger trailer having a hitch of some sort. Kind of surprised a mod like that doesn't exist
Hey bud I have I believe what ur looking for on my site. Even if you don’t like what I have you can look at the model and change it.
https://bdbssb3.wixsite.com/mods/equipment
It’s in the krampe pack. It will be in the tippers in game. It has a blower pipe like a forager. Also has a hitch on the rear.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

bdbssb wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:14 amHey bud I have I believe what ur looking for on my site. Even if you don’t like what I have you can look at the model and change it.
It’s in the krampe pack. It will be in the tippers in game. It has a blower pipe like a forager. Also has a hitch on the rear.
Cool website *thumbsup*
FusionAudio

Re: Change hitch type or add a hitch to a modI rear or front

Post by FusionAudio »

I sure would love options on tipper and trailers to change hitchs to drawbar or ball on console..as a option when you buy it.it would be great.and on all tippers and tralers. have a option to select a rear hitch so we can pull more then one behind,if the trailer was capable in the 1/1 or real world...take care all.
bdbssb

Re: Change hitch type or add a hitch to a modI rear or front

Post by bdbssb »

FusionAudio wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:56 am I sure would love options on tipper and trailers to change hitchs to drawbar or ball on console..as a option when you buy it.it would be great.and on all tippers and tralers. have a option to select a rear hitch so we can pull more then one behind,if the trailer was capable in the 1/1 or real world...take care all.
Well as a matter of fact, there is a “liquid pack” on console that has a bit of that option bud :biggrin2:
There is optional hitches for the back of each trailer and the semi trailer has the option of putting a hitch on the front.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Dogface wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:33 am
bdbssb wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:14 amHey bud I have I believe what ur looking for on my site. Even if you don’t like what I have you can look at the model and change it.
Cool website *thumbsup*
Ty
KMullins

Post by KMullins »

Hi all, I know I'm late to the party. I'm looking for information on the rotation settings on the hitches. Anyone around that can give me some pointers on attacher joint rotations? I can turn all the way with a trailer to the right, but not the left. I'm not sure which axis is which in the lowerRotLimit, or if that is even the right place to be playing in. Also the attacher is hit and miss.. Doesn't always detect like other vehicles. Gooseneck attachment using semitrailer joint type.

Here's the attachjoint xml I'm using. Is there anywhere else in the mod that affects trailer attaching or movement?

<attacherJoint node="0>27|0|0" jointType="semitrailer" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" allowsLowering="true" lowerRotLimit="15 125 15">
                    <schema position="1 0" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
                    <attachSound template="TRUCK_ATTACH_01" linkNode="0>" />
        </attacherJoint>

KMullins

Post by KMullins »

KMullins wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:12 pm Hi all, I know I'm late to the party. I'm looking for information on the rotation settings on the hitches. Anyone around that can give me some pointers on attacher joint rotations? I can turn all the way with a trailer to the right, but not the left. I'm not sure which axis is which in the lowerRotLimit, or if that is even the right place to be playing in. Also the attacher is hit and miss.. Doesn't always detect like other vehicles. Gooseneck attachment using semitrailer joint type.

Here's the attachjoint xml I'm using. Is there anywhere else in the mod that affects trailer attaching or movement?

<attacherJoint node="0>27|0|0" jointType="semitrailer" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" allowsLowering="true" lowerRotLimit="15 125 15">
                    <schema position="1 0" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
                    <attachSound template="TRUCK_ATTACH_01" linkNode="0>" />
        </attacherJoint>

So, I fixed this issue with the help of a buddy.. It was the orientation of the attach joint in GE Editor. The Y axis wasn't at zero, it was 90. So for any future people learning to mod, make sure the orientation of the attach joint is correct to get full turning radius.

Simple things like that blow my mind. The goose neck hitch was 4 separate pieces. 3 of the pieces were all oriented the same, the actual attach joint was not.