map editing, adding machines as assets?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
C04L

map editing, adding machines as assets?

Post by C04L »

Hi all.

I'm in the middle of learning/making a map and finished placing the vehicle shop, i want to add some Combines/tractors/trailers/tools for show.

I'd like to use the current list of vehcles in FS17... i dont want them to be owned or usable or charged to the player, put simply i want my V'shop to have a showroom.

Is there a way to add them?
I've searched the usual websites for vehicle assets/prefab only found one pack and its of the old fs15 fendt tractors etc.

can i for instance edit an xml somewhere like defaultVehicles.xml (obvsly not that one) and add a vehicle and tick not owned/usable by player etc etc.

Thanks for your help in advance.
wiseguy49

Re: map editing, adding machines as assets?

Post by wiseguy49 »

open up the i3d of any tractor. Export the model into your map folder. You could delete the things like the triggers, lights, etc. Import model into map. Done.
C04L

Post by C04L »

ahh ok. thx wiseguy
C04L

Post by C04L »

So i imported the i3d of a combine from a mod website. only thing is there is so much in the scenegraph i dont know what is essential for the model or not.

i saw a 'visuals' transform grp, i thought, ahh that must be the 'model' i imported that (with file structure) then tried to put it in my map and it crashed the GE lol.
so i decided to just redo the process. With all grps, except the lights/particles, i turned off the visibility in attributes(checkbox).
(i didnt know what to delete in the orig i3d file (in the scenegraph)).

anyway, i have the model (NH-CR1090) by my Dealership on my map. only thing is it has no wheels/tracks and its muddy as a pigs b**ls.
is there a way to activate the default wheels on it?
remove its dirt?

do you know what i can do about it in GE to rectify it.

The things i've done wrong can you guide me on what to do/not to do in this regard.

i saw in run scripts tab in GE "decrease dirt".. (with the CR1090 highlighted) it didnt remove dirt but gave me an error.

Error: Can't load resource 'C:/Program Files/GIANTS Software/GIANTS_Editor_7.1.0_64-bit/scripts/dirtUtil.lua'.
Error: -- Author:ezaitsev...(10) : attempt to index global 'dirtUtil' (a nil value)