Invisible mesh help

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
akron

Invisible mesh help

Post by akron »

Hello all, I've got a bit of an issue I cannot figure out. I am trying to add a trailer hitch to a truck cab mod that lacks it. I've made other improvements and all work so far, but the trailer hitch remains invisible in-game even though it show up just fine in Giants Editor. As far as I can tell, the hitch is there as I can attach a trailer, but the mesh is not visible.

This the code in my xml:

Code: Select all

<attacherJoints>
        <attacherJoint index="0>16|0" jointType="semitrailer" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" allowsLowering="false" lowerRotLimit="12 175 12" enableCollision="true" >
            <schema position="1 0" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
        </attacherJoint>
    </attacherJoints>

<attacherJointConfigurations>
        <attacherJointConfiguration name="$l10n_configuration_valueDefault" price="0">
            <objectChange node="0>16|1" visibilityActive="false"/>
        </attacherJointConfiguration>
        <attacherJointConfiguration name="$l10n_configuration_trailerAttacherBack" price="700">
            <attacherJoint index="0>16|1|0|0" jointType="trailer" transNode="0>16|1|0" transNodeMinY="0.323" transNodeMaxY="0.95" lowerRotLimit="10 65 65" upperRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" canTurnOnImplement="false">
                <attachSound file="$data/sounds/attach.wav" pitchOffset="1.20" volume="1.10"  indoorVolumeFactor="0.75" indoorLowpassGain="0.75"/>
            </attacherJoint>
            <attacherJoint index="0>16|1|0|0" jointType="trailerLow" transNode="0>16|1|0" transNodeMinY="0.323" transNodeMaxY="0.95" lowerRotLimit="10 65 65" upperRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" canTurnOnImplement="false">
                <attachSound file="$data/sounds/attach.wav" pitchOffset="1.20" volume="1.10"  indoorVolumeFactor="0.75" indoorLowpassGain="0.75"/>
            </attacherJoint>
            <objectChange node="0>16|1" visibilityActive="true"/>
        </attacherJointConfiguration>
    </attacherJointConfigurations>

The trailer hitch mesh was pulled from both the stock Lizard American truck, but I've also tried it from the stock MAN. Neither works. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance
Dogface

Re: Invisible mesh help

Post by Dogface »

Are you getting any errors in the log? Maybe texture errors
akron

Post by akron »

Dogface wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:12 pm Are you getting any errors in the log? Maybe texture errors
I had not thought to check, but actually no. At least none in "/my games/FarmingSimulator2017/log.txt"

The shop registers that there is an optional hitch and lets me change that config without issue. Forgot to mention that.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I have never done attacherJointConfigurations, but if I were troubleshooting it, I would copy the hitch object and paste it to "Magnum_Int". If it shows up in-game, then the problem is the attacherJointConfigurations setup.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I think your visibilityActive tag should be true instead of false for your attacher joint.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But, it is set to true in the second config. the first config is no hitch.
But try it anyway. Try everything is my motto.
akron

Post by akron »

Dogface wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:33 pm I have never done attacherJointConfigurations, but if I were troubleshooting it, I would copy the hitch object and paste it to "Magnum_Int". If it shows up in-game, then the problem is the attacherJointConfigurations setup.
I did not understand you suggestion at first and removed the attacher configuration altogether instead and used this:

Code: Select all

<attacherJoints>
        <attacherJoint index="0>16|0" jointType="semitrailer" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" allowsLowering="false" lowerRotLimit="12 175 12" enableCollision="true" >
        </attacherJoint>
		<attacherJoint index="0>16|1|0|0" jointType="trailer" transNode="0>16|1|0" transNodeMinY="0.323" transNodeMaxY="0.95" lowerRotLimit="10 65 65" upperRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" canTurnOnImplement="false">
		</attacherJoint>
		<attacherJoint index="0>16|1|0|0" jointType="trailerLow" transNode="0>16|1|0" transNodeMinY="0.323" transNodeMaxY="0.95" lowerRotLimit="10 65 65" upperRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" canTurnOnImplement="false">
		</attacherJoint>
    </attacherJoints>
It unfortunately did not work. Copying the object did not work either
Procobator wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:10 pm I think your visibilityActive tag should be true instead of false for your attacher joint.
The stock vehicles have it set to true.

Still no errors on the log. It seems like the issue is not the config. What could cause a 3D object to look fine in the editor but invisible in the game?
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I got it to work on a random tractor, using your xml. So, I don't think it is the xml. I think the problem is that, in the GE scenograph, the mesh/object needs to be under/inside/beneath the corresponding attacherJoint.
akron

Post by akron »

Dogface wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm I got it to work on a random tractor, using your xml. So, I don't think it is the xml. I think the problem is that, in the GE scenograph, the mesh/object needs to be under/inside/beneath the corresponding attacherJoint.
I am going to try it. I did copy this exactly from a stock vehicle and the structure is identical to that of the stock trucks. At least everything contained in "AttacherJoints"
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Okay, I see where you got it from. I guess I am wrong about the order of parts. I don't see anything else. My only guess would be that it is looking for the textures in the wrong place. But that would show in the log file.
akron

Post by akron »

Anyone else have any ideas here? I've tried searching and found nothing that won't trigger an entry in the log. Is there a more verbose log that I can look at?