Can you add attacherjoints to a placeable?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
CheTranqui

Can you add attacherjoints to a placeable?

Post by CheTranqui »

I'm hoping to make a placeable a little more userfriendly... it's the UMRV Placeable Bins. What I would like to do is add an attacherjoint to the end of the Farm King, along with a matching one on the top of the bin. I'd like to add a little concrete patch with another attacherjoint underneath the bottom auger for the Sakundiak to connect to, as well.

In my initial work, after creating the physical pieces and modifying the XML, GE won't even let me save the project. It only allows me to save once I comment out or delete the attacherJoint related coding. If I force it in, when I load the mod into the game, it'll error out and not permit my modified bin into the store. Because of this, I'm lead to believe that attacherJoint is only a permitted function within the Vehicle class. This leads me to several questions that might allow me to solve this problem favorably:

1) Any thoughts on how I can just make it work on its own? joint + placeable?

2) Would it be possible to make a vehicle part of a placeable so that I could put these on said immovable "vehicle" instead of the placeable itself?

3) Can you think of an alternative way to accomplish what I want? Basically, I want to create a mod that will more-or-less insure perfect placement of the Farm King and Sakundiak every time that you want to use them with the UMRV placeable silos. I just figured that adding appropriate attacherJoints to each would do the trick.

I started by approaching the problem from the attacher perspective because I just learned how to add attacherJoints to various implements recently and it feels like a simple and somewhat realistic solution. Since I've hit a roadblock on that front, I'm going to simply look at how to make the system a little more user friendly in general. I'd love to be able to make the above work though. Any input is greatly appreciated. :-)
CheTranqui

Re: Can you add attacherjoints to a placeable?

Post by CheTranqui »

...well... while awaiting a response here from someone who might know the system a bit better than I, I went ahead with an entirely different approach and worked to create a decent sized silo that has it's own in-ground drop-off. After about 4 hours of tweaking, I now have my 1st ever mod for FS17. Definitely proud of my work.

Still curious as to the question above, though. I would love to have a little greater insight into the matter.