Make a pickup head.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
DoyleChris

Make a pickup head.

Post by DoyleChris »

I would like to modify a head that comes with the Krone Big X Cargo to pickup straw.

The Krone Easy Flow 380 is a cutter and it picks up cut grass, I would like to add straw to this line in blue.

-<cutter convertedFillTypeCategories="forageHarvester" useWindrowed="true" fruitTypes="grass dryGrass wheat barley">
-<threshingParticleSystems>
<threshingParticleSystem file="$data/particleSystems/shared/threshingCutterParticles.i3d" node="0>"/>
</threshingParticleSystems>
-<fillEffect>
<effectNode scrollSpeed="2" scrollLength="1.5" speed="0.9" fadeTime="0.5" delay="0" materialTypeId="1" materialType="pickup" effectNode="0>7|13|0" effectClass="MorphPositionEffect"/>
</fillEffect>
-<fillParticleSystems>
<emitterShape node="0>7|13|1" worldSpace="false" emitCountScale="6" particleType="PICKUP"/>
<emitterShape node="0>7|13|2" emitCountScale="1" particleType="SMOKE"/>
<!--emitterShape node="0>7|13|3" particleType="PICKUP_FALLING" emitCountScale="2" worldSpace="false"/-->
</fillParticleSystems>
</cutter>

But when i did, it picked up the straw and turned it into chaff.
I would like it to be able to pickup straw like it picks up grass.
Alagos

Re: Make a pickup head.

Post by Alagos »

I'd say, check out the Big X Cargo itself, it probably has only chaff and grass as outputs =)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
DoyleChris

Post by DoyleChris »

So i changed the line in the Big X Cargo,
<fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypeCategories="bulk" capacity="60000" /
I changed the filltypecategories to bulk, and now when i go to pickup the straw it picks up wheat instead.
So im not sure where i am going wrong, I am having a hard time finding information on editing xml files.
DoyleChris

Post by DoyleChris »

Ive got this error in the log

C:/Users/Christopher/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17_KroneBigXCargo/kroneEasyFlow380.i3d (11.66) ms
Warning (C:/Users/Christopher/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17_KroneBigXCargo/kroneEasyFlow380.xml): Cutter has invalid fruitType 'straw'.

I thought straw was a fruit type, it is listed in the silos for unoading.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

There’s Alagos again pretending like he knows what he’s talking about when he’s pretty much clueless.

Anyway - see how it says covertedfilltypecategories = forageHarvester ? That means everything picked up will be converted into chaff as you saw. I’m not at my pc so I can’t look at the moment but take a look at the xml for loading wagons and see how that is coded . More than likely you’ll need a separate header if you just want to pick up the product.
DoyleChris

Post by DoyleChris »

Im guessing so, but im trying to figure out what coding in the xml or i3d file.

It lists the 380 as a cutter and i want to code it as a loading wagon head.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Wow, another awesome post from wiseguy, who can't make any forum posts without insulting someone!

I never even suggested I knew the answer. If playing around with the head didn't 'work', the forager itself was the next logical step.
So yes, I mentioned the forager.
I never actually played around with the files of a forager myself, but I do like to learn new things.

Anyway, thanks for the degrading post!
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Guil

Post by Guil »

Let that be the end of this please.
DoyleChris

Post by DoyleChris »

Im still trying to figure if i can just remove the <cutter> and replace it with something.