Modifing a cutter head

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
DoyleChris

Modifing a cutter head

Post by DoyleChris »

I am trying to modify a cutter head that comes with the Krone Big X Cargo.
And i have a question in the cutter head kroneEasyFlow380.xml xml file.
In this line below it lists the cutter head.

<cutter fruitTypes="straw grass dryGrass wheat" useWindrowed="true" convertedFillTypeCategories="windrow">
<threshingParticleSystems>
<threshingParticleSystem node="0>" file="$data/particleSystems/shared/threshingCutterParticles.i3d" />
</threshingParticleSystems>
<fillEffect>
<effectNode effectClass="MorphPositionEffect" effectNode="0>7|13|0" materialType="pickup" materialTypeId="1" delay="0" fadeTime="0.5" speed="0.9" scrollLength="1.5" scrollSpeed="2"/>
</fillEffect>
<fillParticleSystems>
<emitterShape node="0>7|13|1" particleType="PICKUP" emitCountScale="6" worldSpace="false" />
<emitterShape node="0>7|13|2" particleType="SMOKE" emitCountScale="1"/>
<!--emitterShape node="0>7|13|3" particleType="PICKUP_FALLING" emitCountScale="2" worldSpace="false"/-->
</fillParticleSystems>
</cutter>

I was wondering if i can simply replace it with.

<fillUnits>
<fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypeCategories="bulk" capacity="50000" showOnHud="true" showInShop="false" />
</fillUnits>

And will it still pick up items or will it error out.
I am going to give it a try and see.
cmdrbyron

Re: Modifing a cutter head

Post by cmdrbyron »

Perhaps try looking at the Universal Loader or BioBeltz' Snowblower? It sounds like they have the functionality (pick up anything?) you are seeking, while still being considered implements.

Off the cuff, I don't think you could just simply exchange the first block with the second, given that there is a bunch of graphic effects being defined.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Is there a simple enough change to an xml file for the forage harvesters to pick up hay and straw? I know it will pick up hay but converts it to grass.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Pretty sure there is something to do with the way forage harvesters are configured (to create chaff from corn, grass from grass/hay) and that functionality would have to be changed to treat it as a general pick-up (like the Terra Felis)