Soils vs Seasons

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Jay-Walker

Soils vs Seasons

Post by Jay-Walker »

Particularly interested hearing those who used both Soils and Seasons mods, which did you think was more realistic/better? Seems like they'd make a great pair and something similar will be in the FS19 base game.
DirectCedar

Re: Soils vs Seasons

Post by DirectCedar »

I presume you mean Soilmod in FS15, and Seasons in FS17?

Quite sure they did not exist simultaneously on the same version. I've been hoping and hoping for a version of soilmod for 17 and I sure hope I would have caught it if it had been released :biggrin2:
Jay-Walker

Post by Jay-Walker »

Yes, I've only played FS17, but hearing about SoilsMod it tempting to buy FS15 just to be able to use the Soils mod. Thus, wondering from those who've used both if Soils is as good as it sounds. I do like Seasons a lot. Actually, I like anything that increases realism.
Geneborg

Post by Geneborg »

Seasons gave me a better feeling for the game, its just the way farming is, planning for the year and getting a feeling of preparing your farm for winter if you have animals or harvest if you do alot of money crops.

Soilmod was interesting, very complex, but also very difficult to play because the interface didn't give you any easy feedback. you either need to write the status of your fields down outside the game or run from field to field and manually measure the soil...which, on a large map, becomes a chore really fast.

That said, i would have liked a soilmod lite for FS17 to combination with Seasons, but if i had to choose for FS19, Seasons any day.
LS nur mit Mods
Qualität statt Quantität
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

Both attempt to add some realism to the game but in very different ways. Seasons is seems to be the more strategic in that to be effective you need to plan ahead, while I found soilmod to be more tactical in that it requires a fair amount of technical knowledge. The decisions you made in soilmod affect your next harvest but are relatively short term compared to Seasons where your decisions may not fully impact you for a season or more.

Of the two I prefers soilmod