hard attach problems with tension belts

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Inkslinger98

hard attach problems with tension belts

Post by Inkslinger98 »

Ok I thought I was on to something with BSM's method for attaching the different beds to my truck, but now I have a new problem that has to do with this method of hard attaching. whenever you try to strap something down with the tension belts the object snaps to the main pickup collision. without the hard attach part the bed swings all over the place but the tension belts work right. I don't know maybe I could add some fake wheels where the truck wheels are so the bed will stay where the rear wheels of the truck are but that seems like a really stupid work around. I'm not big on scripting so reverse engineering the call backs for tension belts and trailers is not an option.

On a side note my dump bed works flawlessly this way so I'm going back to the purchasable beds with the dumpbed being an extra that you can connect. tension belts are gonna be the death of me.
Inkslinger98

Re: hard attach problems with tension belts

Post by Inkslinger98 »

edit
Last edited by Inkslinger98 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

The Giants Discord is great for quick responses. I've had a fair bit of help from various people on it. 😁
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

sorry for my rant yesterday but I've had issues with these tension belts from the start. 2 beds have different belts and making them a buyable option the belts are still active from both. the xml seems to only allow for 1 section of linked belts to the truck so that's out. and using the hard attach makes objects strapped down magically jump to the main truck collision.
Think I'm gonna experiment with a type of hooklift attach joint to see if that does the trick. these beds are supposed to be like trailers that don't move independent just like the hooklift beds but still retain their own properties.