Cow farm in forestry map, yes you heard right

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BearClaw

Cow farm in forestry map, yes you heard right

Post by BearClaw »

Why isnt there animals on a forestry map? Imagine, a mountain farm out in the wild with opportunities to log for expanding your farm with fields! That would make a foretrymap much more funny to play on. By the way, the forestry maps have too large roads, just sayin
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
mcatalyst

Re: Cow farm in forestry map, yes you heard right

Post by mcatalyst »

Look forward to this in Pacific Inlet v13. Currently being worked on. This and a few other mechanics will give it a new map feel. Still going to be a couple weeks on development though. Then there is console testing after that which takes forever currently.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Will the fdr maps be converted for fs19? If so the capability for animals will be there in the base game.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

gmfarmer420 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 pm Will the fdr maps be converted for fs19? If so the capability for animals will be there in the base game.
I was planning to at least convert Pacific Inlet but from the sound of it there is going to be a lot of changes to map making which makes things better but at the same time it becomes a huge pain to convert a previous map to the point of just starting from scratch.

The biggest issue there would be grouping existing objects into the land buying system. With a map like PI all the randomly placed trees would have to be organized and that alone would take forever.

On top of that the current textures are most likely not compatible with the new engine.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

mcatalyst wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:30 pm Look forward to this in Pacific Inlet v13. Currently being worked on. This and a few other mechanics will give it a new map feel. Still going to be a couple weeks on development though. Then there is console testing after that which takes forever currently.
Nice! Keep up the good work :biggrin2:
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

mcatalyst wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:16 pm
gmfarmer420 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 pm Will the fdr maps be converted for fs19? If so the capability for animals will be there in the base game.
I was planning to at least convert Pacific Inlet but from the sound of it there is going to be a lot of changes to map making which makes things better but at the same time it becomes a huge pain to convert a previous map to the point of just starting from scratch.

The biggest issue there would be grouping existing objects into the land buying system. With a map like PI all the randomly placed trees would have to be organized and that alone would take forever.

On top of that the current textures are most likely not compatible with the new engine.
Well then i look forward to what you and FDR can come up with for fs19. Keep up the good work.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

BearClaw wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:06 pm Why isnt there animals on a forestry map? Imagine, a mountain farm out in the wild with opportunities to log for expanding your farm with fields! That would make a foretrymap much more funny to play on. By the way, the forestry maps have too large roads, just sayin
You should find the thread he has pics of Pacific Inlet with cows.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:15 pm
BearClaw wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:06 pm Why isnt there animals on a forestry map? Imagine, a mountain farm out in the wild with opportunities to log for expanding your farm with fields! That would make a foretrymap much more funny to play on. By the way, the forestry maps have too large roads, just sayin
That thread was pretty much scrapped though. New layout, new area, new ideas now. :D
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:30 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:15 pm
That thread was pretty much scrapped though. New layout, new area, new ideas now. :D
And I never got to play it!!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .