Availability of Mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
FirstGeekDanny

Availability of Mods

Post by FirstGeekDanny »

Hi there,

I'm coming back to this game after a while and I see now that it is almost impossible to visit a mod site and get a mod without clicking through 5 000 000 ads...

Is there still a legit and viable place to get mods?

The only one I'm missing is the GPS mod for FS2017
Inkslinger98

Re: Availability of Mods

Post by Inkslinger98 »

got mine from FS UK.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

If you have to download from those sites here is a little tip for everyone in case you do not have an ad blocker installed.
Use Ctrl-W to close the current tab. The advertisements are generally going to open a new tab which you can instantly hit Ctrl-W so it doesn't load the content.
The bad ones are the ones that do alert boxes. Never click OK, just hit the X in the upper right corner of the alert box. The majority of the time that will close the ad.
After the ad is closed then you can click the same download button and that will either move to a secondary download page where you repeat the same process or it will actually start the file download.
Last edited by mcatalyst on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

I've put together some tips for installing mods in the following post, which also contains links to some recommended sites for downloading mods: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=102821&p=791562#p791562

A more extensive list can be found in the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=114224
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules