Grays Buckrake lift controls

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
JamesF890

Grays Buckrake lift controls

Post by JamesF890 »

Hello, I'm quite new to FS17 but have played previous games in the series. Never got too into making or editing mods other than occasionally changing the top speed of a vehicle. I absolutely love the Grays SGH12T Buckrake mod by PeterJ.
It's just for personal use but I would like to alter it to be lifted and lowered using mouse control similar to blades or a front loader. Is this difficult to do? What would I need to do about permissions?

I've had a look elsewhere for a similar question on the forums but couldn't find anything.

Edit don_apple: moved from german to english section.
Eische

Re: Grays Buckrake lift controls

Post by Eische »

you could try to modify the xml file.

Search for the line that looks similar to this example:
<inputAttacherJoints>
<inputAttacherJoint index="0>0|0" rootNode="0>" jointType="implement" isControllable="true" isDefaultLowered="true" />
</inputAttacherJoints>

add the part I marked as bold text to the line in your xml. That should do the trick.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
JamesF890

Post by JamesF890 »

Thanks i did think it could be done from the XML file. I actually tried copy and pasting the entire input attached joints code from a modded silage blade but the tractor then wouldn't recognise the buckrake to attach too.

I tried adding the code as you suggest but it still requires a key to raise and lower which is annoying as driving on the pit with it half up is perfect for picking up lumps. I dont really want to dig holes with it if that makes sense.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Sorry, was quite tired yesterday. I checked the default silage blade again.

I guess you need to add those lines:
<attacherJointControl>
<control1 controlAxis="AXIS_HYDRAULICATTACHER1" invertControlAxis="true" mouseSpeedFactor="0.3" controlAxisIcon="$dataS2/menu/moveControls/implement_attacher.png" />
<control2 controlAxis="AXIS_HYDRAULICATTACHER2" invertControlAxis="true" mouseSpeedFactor="0.3" controlAxisIcon="$dataS2/menu/moveControls/implement_attacher.png" />
</attacherJointControl>

That should work now. I'm not a modder, so no guaranty here. I just try my best to understand the xml entries.

Simply copy pasting the lines from a silage blade will not work as the node references are different. You must keep the stuff for the index= .... and rootNode= .... (so basically everything where something like 0>0|1|.... is mentioned)
Those nodes are the reference points defined in the i3d file. With your changes done, the xml is referring to the wrong (or even not existing) nodes in the i3d file.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
JamesF890

Post by JamesF890 »

Thanks again but I couldn't get that to work either! I feel it should be doable via the XML file but I just cant get it to work! Appreciate the help though
Eische

Post by Eische »

Hi James,

I spent some time in testing and I think it was successful.
The changes I have done are too much to explain here. But in short:
------modDesk.xml
- added specialization for leveler
- switched type to leveler
------mod.xml
- added changes mentioned in my previous posts
- switched type to leveler

Movement up/down and tilting works just like the default silage blades (controlled by left mouse button). Movement of the "unload wall" now is controlled by the right mouse button.
I did not check the material interaction with silage.

I will send the two changed files via PM, because I dont want to get in trouble with the originator.
Hope it turned out as you expected it.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
JamesF890

Post by JamesF890 »

Thanks so much, I am keen to get more into understanding and changing xml files so will try making the changes you decribe above and failing that get you to send me the files!

Again really appreciate the help :)
Eische

Post by Eische »

I have already sent you the files. Please have a look to your privat messages.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures